Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black-red and black-blue crystal crossover

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Black-red and black-blue crystal crossover

Unholylightsaber
05.04.2012 , 02:19 PM | #1
Ok, so I have seen some people while on my Republic toon running around with a black-red crystal in their lightsaber, it was the pvp version (+41 expertise). I found on Torhead that there are different types of black-red (power, crit, endurance, of course from Empire's Rakata weapons, which are BoP). So my bottom-line question is: How did those guys get the black-red crystal as Republic? Am I able to get one with power or crit as Republic, or is it only limited to expertise? Any useful answers are appreciated, thank you.

GnatB
05.04.2012 , 03:26 PM | #2
My understanding is in 1.2, expertise crystals of most/all colors are crafteable via schematics from PvP vendors.

new crafteable stuff isn't supposed to be BoP.

so presumably said crafted crystals are tradeable. (though I have no idea whether or not red/black are actually one of the crafteable expertise crystals)

RelXikBri
05.04.2012 , 06:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Unholylightsaber View Post
Ok, so I have seen some people while on my Republic toon running around with a black-red crystal in their lightsaber, it was the pvp version (+41 expertise). I found on Torhead that there are different types of black-red (power, crit, endurance, of course from Empire's Rakata weapons, which are BoP). So my bottom-line question is: How did those guys get the black-red crystal as Republic? Am I able to get one with power or crit as Republic, or is it only limited to expertise? Any useful answers are appreciated, thank you.
You can purchase a saber crystal of the opposite faction's color for 125,000 credits and 1950 Warzone Commendations.

My marauder currently uses Blue/black in her war hero saber, and green/black (from rakghoul event) in her offhand saber.

Edit:

To clarify - you can *only* buy expertise crystals for 125k and 1950 WZ comms. Otherwise rest assured I'd be using 2 black/blue power crystals.