Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Neural Augmentors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Advanced Neural Augmentors

iamrhyolite
05.03.2012 , 09:27 PM | #1
I have slicing to 400 but I have never gotten this Advanced Neural Augmentors after running multiple grade 6 sliced tech parts missions. All I get is 4 subelectronic data module (blue) after running the abundant yield mission.

Do I need to get Andronikus's affection to 10000 before I stand a better chance at this? My guildies been asking me for the purple mats but I can't get anything so far.

Rhaphael
05.04.2012 , 01:24 AM | #2
It would definitely help, since the purple mats are only rewarded on a critical result. Since it's an yellow mission it has a base crit chance of 15%, Andro has a 2% crit bonus, and max affection increases that by another 5%. So at max you would be looking at 22% crit chance.

Blattan
05.04.2012 , 01:44 AM | #3
Can I ask where you got those numbers? I am sincerely curious. I'm not knocking them, just wondering where the information came from.

Wesgile
05.04.2012 , 01:55 AM | #4
either that, or run the rich grade 5 lockbox missions to hopefully get you the 340 slicing mission item,

with a much lower chance.
大丈夫だ、問題ない。

Rhaphael
05.04.2012 , 02:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blattan View Post
Can I ask where you got those numbers? I am sincerely curious. I'm not knocking them, just wondering where the information came from.
Sithwarrior.com originally, confirmed in the Q&A recently:
DarthTexas: Can you give some insight to the numbers behind crafting? What is the baseline crit chance for crafting? How does companion affection affect crit chance? Exactly how much of a boost is +1 or +5 critical chance in crafting? Having the Reverse Engineer % chance is a nice step in removing some of the unknowns in crafting; now we just need the numbers on the creation side to be less ambiguous.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.

Orange Difficulty: 10%
Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%
Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.

A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.

Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wesgile View Post
either that, or run the rich grade 5 lockbox missions to hopefully get you the 340 slicing mission item, with a much lower chance.
You're more likely to find a needle in a haystack. The 340 Slicing mission discoveries are in my experience the most rare of the bunch, you could run 100 Lockbox missions and still don't get it. I generally get about 5-10 of each other one for every Slicing one I get.

Blattan
05.04.2012 , 03:15 PM | #6
Interesting... So the max crit chance is 25% (15% base, plus 5% affection, +5% companion.)

I would say that I am not seeing this in practice, but given the number of people reporting not really seeing a 20% RE chance in practice... I'd say everything is "working as intended." :-/

Also, it does sort of confirm the community theory that there was some sort of "level factor" in how easy it was to crit things. Although it is indirect, as in your skill level determines what grade/color the skill is.