Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Colonel Vorgath Enraging before we get to him?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Colonel Vorgath Enraging before we get to him?

Toogeloo
05.02.2012 , 10:46 AM | #1
We ran 8m Story mode Denova last night, and we kept wiping to the Turrets on the side of the Mine Field enraging as we get to the end of the Minefield.

Every attempt, we would take a middle path, and disarm the mines straight down the line. Sometimes we would get lucky and get a couple greens already in the path, but most times we had to disarm each mine along the way. By the time we get to the end of the mines, or just running up to engage Colonel Vorgath, the Turrets on the sides would have enraged and wipe us out.

We have our Assassin Tank manning the mine puzzle, while the rest of the group is down below (Jug tank, 2 DPS Mercs, 1 DPS Sorc, 1 DPS Marauder, Healing Operative, and Healing Sorc). We have the puzzle it'self pretty much comprehended, kill the adds, kill the Demolition Droid for plier buff, turn the mine yellow, disarm, move up, repeat.

Any advice to help us would be greatly appreciated.

rymah
05.02.2012 , 10:49 AM | #2
The minefield turrets and the Colonel have separate enrage timers, I want to say it's 4-5 minutes for the minefield, and 2-3 minutes for the Colonel.
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

StealthStalker
05.02.2012 , 11:05 AM | #3
You don't have enough DPS, the tower operator isn't quick enough, or you're not taking the quickest route. Going straight down the line isn't always the best.
Dual Targeting, any AAA MMO released today should have this included. Don't let your next one release without it.
Quote:
So what exactly is Dual Targeting? You have 2 targets available at all times, one offensive and one defensive. That's it, it's that simple.

OMGitsCHARLIE
05.02.2012 , 11:37 AM | #4
Make sure you hit the console at the end of the mine field to turn disable the turrets
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

CBRGhostRider
05.02.2012 , 11:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGitsCHARLIE View Post
Make sure you hit the console at the end of the mine field to turn disable the turrets
^^^ This and

If you are disarming more than 4 mines something is wrong. You should be able to pass through w/ 4 diffusals. Most likely the turrets will rage if you have to disarm a fifth.

Freeborne
05.02.2012 , 11:47 AM | #6
You should always have a big droid up. The moment it's down and you have a wrench, your tank up top should be spawning the next one.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

Odarim
05.02.2012 , 12:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
You should always have a big droid up. The moment it's down and you have a wrench, your tank up top should be spawning the next one.
I'll disagree with this, you can actually disarm 2 mines with each kit if your guy in the tower is quick enough to turn them yellow. We do it with only 2 droids being summoned.
Recruitment open at www.evilgenius.guildportal.com