Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

7 day friend trial not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
7 day friend trial not working
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Winmi_Kinfor
04.30.2012 , 08:23 AM | #1
I sent an invite to my friend, he made an account and downloaded the game. But now that the download has finally finished there is no, "Start Trial" or "Play" button so he can't play. Did I miss something while helping him install? I followed all the steps, I thought it was pretty straight forward but it's not working. I'm just hoping this is resolvable.

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 08:27 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Winmi_Kinfor,

On the launcher is the Play button greyed out, or is there an error message? Did you move files over from your computer or completely download from scratch? Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Winmi_Kinfor
04.30.2012 , 01:13 PM | #3
The play button is greyed out. He set up his account by clicking the "Get started" button in the email and then downloaded the game client from the website. But now that the download has finished it is telling him that he doesn't have a valid account and won't let him play.

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 01:31 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again,

Please check that your friend has logged into his account on the site and has chosen to begin his trial, and has not just created an account.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Winmi_Kinfor
04.30.2012 , 01:40 PM | #5
Where does he chose to begin his trial? I tried to help him with it last night but I never saw that option.

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 01:48 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
There should be an option on his Account Page of the website, to begin his trial.

Winmi_Kinfor
04.30.2012 , 02:14 PM | #7
I'm looking at his "My Account" page right now and there is no mention of beginning a trial anywhere

Winmi_Kinfor
04.30.2012 , 03:18 PM | #8
I apologize, I was misinformed. When he attempts to log in he does get an error message. It says, "There is currently no active subscription on this account."