Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patching service not avalable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patching service not avalable?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

meanken
04.30.2012 , 01:27 PM | #1
so, I cannot get past the inital lancher screen because I get a message saying patching service not avalable. it was running fine earlyer. Someone know what is wrong?

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 01:36 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi meanken,

Sometimes this message can appear in error if the launcher is detecting incorrect settings. Please try unticking "remember this account" and re-entering your email address and password. If this does not help, please try running the fixlauncher.exe. This can be found in your game folder.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

meanken
04.30.2012 , 01:58 PM | #3
ok, did all that, and restarted my computer, and nothing.

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 02:01 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Please try removing and re-adding the game and launcher from your firewall and anti-virus exeptions list.

If this does not work, please post up a copy of your most recent launcher logs, within spoiler tags.

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

meanken
04.30.2012 , 02:04 PM | #5
er.....I have no idea how to add and remove stuff from the firewall and antivirus wall or whatever it is you want me to do

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 02:23 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
How to do this varies depending on the firewall or anti-virus that you are using, and a tutorial should be available on your provider's website.

More information can be found in this link: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2012

meanken
04.30.2012 , 02:34 PM | #7
well, turns out that it was not on that list, after adding it the problem resoved is'self, but now I have a new problem, when the server list comes up, no servers are on the list. at all.

meanken
04.30.2012 , 02:36 PM | #8
ok, never mind, they just came up, guess they needed to load or something

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 02:53 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank you for letting us know that the issue was resolved.

Have fun.