Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

launcher not progressing anymore

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
launcher not progressing anymore
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VexingThoughts
04.30.2012 , 01:05 PM | #1
as of april 28 the launcher to start the game will not progress pass the box that ask for my permission to run this program.
I check the task manager and after a few seconds of active cpu time it goes to 0.
This launcher worked fine since game launch months ago.

I do not get any error messages.
It runs with Administrative privileges
Did this "Set your computer’s sleep settings to ‘Never’" had no effect after click on the shortcut to swtor launcher

This seems to be related to the recent patch and the game Freezing up alot.
I have checked the thread "Launcher Troubleshooting Guide (18th April 2012) " and none of that helped as far as i can tell.

What more can I do?
I can only guess that i should completely reinstall the game.

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 01:12 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi VexingThoughts,

Please try running the fixlauncher.exe, which can be found in the game folder, to see if this helps.

If it does not, at what point is it failing? Is it getting past the UAC controls or sticking there?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

VexingThoughts
04.30.2012 , 01:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi VexingThoughts,

Please try running the fixlauncher.exe, which can be found in the game folder, to see if this helps.

If it does not, at what point is it failing? Is it getting past the UAC controls or sticking there?
ran Fixlauncer.exe. same result.
If it does not, at what point is it failing?
right after I get the pop up box about User Account Control and i click on the button "continue" and nothing Nothing happens zip zilch

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 01:41 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Please check if there is a launcher.exe running in Task Manager processes tab? If there is, please close it and try again.

If this does not help, please remove and re-add the game and launcher from your firewall and anti-virus exceptions list, as these may be preventing the launcher from opening.

If the issue still persists, please download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install. Don't worry, it will use any existing good files, and won't download from scratch.

VexingThoughts
04.30.2012 , 01:57 PM | #5
"Please check if there is a launcher.exe running in Task Manager processes tab? If there is, please close it and try again. "
ok closed it and tried again. problem persists.

"If this does not help, please remove the game"
done

"and re-add the game "
done

"and launcher from your firewall and anti-virus exceptions list, as these may be preventing the launcher from opening. "

"If the issue still persists, please download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install. Don't worry, it will use any existing good files, and won't download from scratch."
done problem still persists.

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 02:27 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Please go to the game folder again, and check to see if there's a "Patch" folder. If so, please delete this and try to run the fixlauncher again.

VexingThoughts
04.30.2012 , 02:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Please go to the game folder again, and check to see if there's a "Patch" folder. If so, please delete this and try to run the fixlauncher again.
wow progress got the login window now.

VexingThoughts
04.30.2012 , 04:11 PM | #8
thank you that worked got all the way into the game

Beesodd
04.30.2012 , 04:55 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again VexingThoughts,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get the problem fixed. Enjoy the game.