Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

30 day playtime FRAUD

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kennai
04.29.2012 , 12:20 PM | #21
It's only fraud if you canceled your subscription, as they legally can't bill you for something without your consent in one form or the other.

iain_b
04.29.2012 , 01:08 PM | #22
fraud/frd/
Noun:
1) Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
2) A person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

BioWare did neither. They put the 30 days in your account when they said they would.

You're the fraud.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

Leggomy
04.29.2012 , 01:14 PM | #23
Just saying ti doesnt take sherlock holms to figure this out. He is a founder obviously by his join date on the forums. He most likely signed up on the 20th of December like the rest of us. Which means this month he would have been up for renewal on the 19th. They didnt actually finalize the charge until the 25th 26th whatever but his 30 days was up on the 19th. If they dont bill you until the 26th that doesnt mean you get the 19th until the 26th free.

DongHungLong
04.29.2012 , 01:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindajenin View Post
Greetings wyrmmslayer,

I am very sorry about the confusion caused by this unfortunately we have to have a cut off point for the 30 free days gametime.

If you wish to have this reviewed I would ask you to send a ticket to our customer support.

Thank you.
I would just like to say that I also had this occur and I actually cancelled my account back in February so that I wouldn't be charged at the end of my billing cycle. The cancellation page as I'm sure everyone can remember was some how up/down all the time back when people first started to get frustrated with the game. I haven't played in over a month and next thing I know I get an email that says I've been charged for another 3 months. I have contacted customer service and they didn't even actually read what I sent in. They simply sent me an automated reply about how I was getting 30 days free lol. Luckily I'm paying thru paypal. I have sent 1 more customer service message and if its another automated reply I will file a dispute and hopefully get my money back. I may eventually want to play the game again but at this point I care more about the money that was taken from me which should not have been considering I cancelled back in February.

DaKnuckles
04.29.2012 , 04:43 PM | #25
Ran into the same issue... I started my billing cycle on the 20th (the day the game came out) and they changed it at some point to the 18th which when I called them they admitted to a error on their side and sent me to 2nd level support where they informed me they're not going to honor the 30 days because they said I had to have my account active past the 18th to get credit. If you started this game on the 20th and paid for 3 months in advance, plus your free 30 days for buying the game your sub should have ran up on the 21st with the added grace period you shouldn't have had your account suspended (their own words on level 1 support).

I canceled my account because their support never helped me with my in game issues and since 1.2 came out the audio glitches, mouse / camera glitches (as well as a few other major issues) started which made me decide to not renew my account while using my 30 "free" days to verify these glitches are fixed before paying for another month.

Prepare yourself for a argument when you call them to resolve your free game time. And don't give up until you get them to fix it.

Demonwar
04.29.2012 , 05:17 PM | #26
Yeah I think maybe they should of updated the account history to show the 30 days...I had to work out they had added it.

Skodan
04.29.2012 , 05:29 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DaKnuckles View Post
Ran into the same issue... I started my billing cycle on the 20th (the day the game came out) and they changed it at some point to the 18th which when I called them they admitted to a error on their side and sent me to 2nd level support where they informed me they're not going to honor the 30 days because they said I had to have my account active past the 18th to get credit. .
are you accounting for the fact that december, january and march had 31 days in it, and not 30? since february had 29 this year one of those months get cancelled out, but that means your subscription would end on the 18th now. there are your 2 days that magically disappeared

7 Months with 31 days:
January
March
May
July
August
October
December

4 Months with 30 days:
April
June
September
November

1 Month with 28 days:
February; 29 every four years (which includes this year)

So with this every year your resubscribing date will move up 5 days (and 6 days in a leap year)
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

kjfett
04.29.2012 , 05:56 PM | #28
30 days <> one month. that seems to be everyone's problem with not understanding why billing dates change.
Harbinger Server- Wild Legacy
Thornz
< Burning Chaos >