Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arenas yet?


Purebliss's Avatar


Purebliss
04.25.2012 , 01:22 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Meenos View Post
want to know a secret, the best PvE'rs are usually harcore PvP'ers. I would put money on a competitive pvp team being capable of beating all PVE content faster then the most hardcore pve'rs
IF you have time to do both hardcore that is great. What I'm saying is most people who work 5 day weeks dedicate most of their time to either one or the other. Every guild I have been has followed this example. I'm NOT saying the guild is DEFINED as a pvp or pve guild, but the players inside will usually devote MOST of their game time to either pvp or pve.

I am not saying, as you suggest, that PVP'rs wouldn't absolutely smash PVE content. I agree with you on that. The point is they either can't be bothered, don't have the time, or just would rather spend their game time doing what they love - PVP.

TheMunny's Avatar


TheMunny
04.25.2012 , 01:35 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Purebliss View Post
That statement is so ignorant.. I don't even know why I bother to reply.

Hundreds of players all going at once? Yeah that is awesome to test your skills.

Arena is a place COMPETITIVE players LOVE to go. They are matched up in an even environment where skill increase is bound to happen the more you play. You are forced to learn EVERY class and EVERY skill just to compete. It is such a technical game of knowing when certain abilities are going to occur and come off cooldown, being constantly aware of your surroundings and synchronizing playstyles with your team that players like yourself that simply cannot learn or cannot be bothered to learn such match deciding factors you CRY. You CRY that it is too much, or you won't enjoy it because of imbalance etc. The truth is, GOOD players will always reign supreme in such environments. Not because they are an OP class or combination. But. Because. They. Are. Good. Players.

Arena opens up the game to ALL competitive players, and if done right can be a great step forward.
Possible, but the use of macros made Arenas a fkn joke. Anyone with the right team comp and a little practice could go a long ways with the right macros.

kiwoo's Avatar


kiwoo
04.25.2012 , 02:08 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Swidgin View Post
So many ANTI Arena people,

I promise when they come out I WON'T be one of those that picks on you for being BAD cuz of your rating.

We all know this is the only REAL reason you don't want it!
Got to love saying that "those who don't want Arenas is because they are bad at them"

Never played WoW, so don't know or care how good bad I am at them. For PvP I played WWII online, Planetside and DaoC.

Personally Id prefer they devote design/dev time to making ilum open world PvP worth participating in than another mini warzone that, as others stated will turn SWtOR into a FoTM/constant tweaking instead of focus on other issues.

So no, Id prefer no Arenas. If you want to 2v2 go to Tatooine and beat on each other there. Job done.

madtycoon's Avatar


madtycoon
04.25.2012 , 03:01 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMunny View Post
Possible, but the use of macros made Arenas a fkn joke. Anyone with the right team comp and a little practice could go a long ways with the right macros.
Not seeing how macros made arenas a joke. Using arena 1,2,3 and focus macros or macros to dispel a teammate 1,2,3 just enhanced gameplay imo

TheMunny's Avatar


TheMunny
04.25.2012 , 03:26 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
Not seeing how macros made arenas a joke. Using arena 1,2,3 and focus macros or macros to dispel a teammate 1,2,3 just enhanced gameplay imo
Because it took player skill out and anyone was able to compile multiple abilities into a single macro. Completely opposite of what one would assume PLAYER SKILL equates to. Example would be /mouseover... no need to tab target anymore (skill) simply mouse over and wala!! I personally think macros made it to easy and less skill was actually required. If I had better macros than you I was at an advantage, plain and simple.

dufox's Avatar


dufox
04.25.2012 , 03:35 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrothag View Post
epic battles > arena for baddies
i got to this ridiculous comment before i got sick of reading all the ignorant posts.

for the record arena takes more skill unless your a "pro" who makes his group of only the OP class's.
4 v 4 death matches are a blast and requires serious teamwork.
warzones are fun, but they dont stay fun after you play for a few months.
with ilum out of the picture its play warzones or pve.
can you figure out what happens when people get bored of warzones and dont like to pve?

who says you have to get special stuff for playing arena? who says it has to be ranked? why cant you que for arena to earn credits and que for warzones to earn commendations? think outside the box people^^
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

madtycoon's Avatar


madtycoon
04.25.2012 , 03:39 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMunny View Post
Because it took player skill out and anyone was able to compile multiple abilities into a single macro. Completely opposite of what one would assume PLAYER SKILL equates to. Example would be /mouseover... no need to tab target anymore (skill) simply mouse over and wala!! I personally think macros made it to easy and less skill was actually required. If I had better macros than you I was at an advantage, plain and simple.
I can sorta see what you're saying about tab, but I see player skill coming from speed and reaction plus awareness mostly. I still think arena 1,2,3 makes you faster and some could say more binds make it harder, when you start making macros that sheep off those binds for example, it gets more complex than simply using tab to pick up your targets.

Mouseover macros are a bad example. I wouldn't recommend using them in arena when you can just bind your player frames and tab is more effective even than clicking. They're only really good in PvE and BGs where you can't bind your whole raid group. But if you mean that some players had an easier time just using mouseover macros, because they couldn't handle playing with tab (for some reason) or were clicking, yeah I can see your point.

SWKatria's Avatar


SWKatria
04.25.2012 , 03:47 PM | #68

Diddley's Avatar


Diddley
04.25.2012 , 03:52 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by YanksfanJP View Post
Just put in one Call of Duty warzone and take it out of the random queue (let people specifically queue up for it) to make all the deathmatch kiddies happy. The average quality of player in the objective warzones will immediately improve. Addition by subtraction.
I would LOVE this

Neeton's Avatar


Neeton
04.25.2012 , 04:34 PM | #70
I would highly appreciate arenas. This game's PvP needs more excitement.