Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive latency change

Stinkface
03.31.2012 , 06:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaac View Post
I know its easy to play the blame game. Its not only the consumers who play it, you will often speak to one side and get the response"Its not us, so it must be them." Sometimes its neither.

...Can you truly blame BW or iiNet because the connection isn't passing through the Reach Networks properly?

Sry... /rant off
When did I once say anything about "blame" or "fault" anywhere in what I posted? You seem to have distinctly missed the part where I asked simply, "What is going on and what can I do about it?"

I had no idea who's "fault" it was, nor who was "to blame" - or even if there was anyone at fault at all.

I can see how excited you are to share your knowledge of internet connectivity, but it wasn't really necessary to scold me about something I did not even say or imply.

The point of this post was, again, to ask what is happening and to say I can't play my game because of this issue.

Blaac
03.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stinkface View Post
When did I once say anything about "blame" or "fault" anywhere in what I posted? You seem to have distinctly missed the part where I asked simply, "What is going on and what can I do about it?"

I had no idea who's "fault" it was, nor who was "to blame" - or even if there was anyone at fault at all.

I can see how excited you are to share your knowledge of internet connectivity, but it wasn't really necessary to scold me about something I did not even say or imply.

The point of this post was, again, to ask what is happening and to say I can't play my game because of this issue.
I wasn't "scolding you" I was explaining what was happening because of your comment "I have spoken with my ISP and they have worked with me and can't find a single problem on their side - so I have to assume this is something happening sever side." You said you assumed it was their servers. If no one explains whats going on then how can you understand better?

When did they change the saying to "Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you are telling him hes an idiot for not knowing how to fish"?
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

Stinkface
04.23.2012 , 06:33 AM | #13
Still having this problem. Totally unplayable latency. The problem did fix itself for a few days after 1.2, but it's back to being terrible again.

Let me reiterate that my ISP is amazing and they have done everything they can and gone over absolutely everything with us. We have zero problems with any other games we play, many of them with connections to US servers. We've changed our cables, our modem, ports - our ISP tried changing quite a few settings on their side and nothing is helping.

Before any other zealots try to pop in and say I'm blaming BioWare, I'm not - I'm trying to figure out how to fix this problem and still haven't received a drop of customer service.

SithLordDufus
04.23.2012 , 10:10 PM | #14
My latency was running fine pre 1.2 and I have no drop off in ping when I have these in-game latency spikes. If these server overloads are what cause the in-game latency then how come its only doing it to me after the 1.2 update?
I used to argue over the internet, then I took an arrow to the knee. (meme's gotta love'em)