Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sound issues in game 1.2

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xfightx
04.21.2012 , 03:34 AM | #1
hello, since 1.2 hit there was sounds issues in game for almost every player.
i wonder when bioware will fix that issue ? over 2 weeks afther release of 1.2 and ppl stil have issues with static noises during pvp.

Tirvaak
04.21.2012 , 06:26 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by xfightx View Post
hello, since 1.2 hit there was sounds issues in game for almost every player.
i wonder when bioware will fix that issue ? over 2 weeks afther release of 1.2 and ppl stil have issues with static noises during pvp.
Hi xfightx,

In the most recent patch (1.2.0c) one of the major sound issues with the "jet engine" noise was corrected.

What sound issues you are currently encountering at the moment?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Itoao
04.21.2012 , 06:30 AM | #3
Same thing. I have static noise that seems to be cause by certain lightning effect. Also the sound will sometime fade out where you can only her random ambient noises and conversations are silent. Etc.
The Jekk'Jekk Tarr
XCorps.enjin.com

Tirvaak
04.21.2012 , 06:51 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Itoao View Post
Same thing. I have static noise that seems to be cause by certain lightning effect. Also the sound will sometime fade out where you can only her random ambient noises and conversations are silent. Etc.
Hi Itoao,

Have you tried to run the repair function through the launcher to see if this helps? A few other players have said this has resolved any other sound issues they have had so it might be worth trying if you have not already done so.

To do this exit the game and log back in to the launcher. When the play button appears click on the cogwheel in the bottom left corner of the launcher and select repair.

After the repair has completed press play and try to log into your server and character as normal.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Drungus
04.21.2012 , 07:00 AM | #5
The static noise you're hearing is actually added ambience sound effects in certain areas. You can hear it mostly on your ship and in Voidstar. It's the sound of electricity or something and it was added with 1.2.

bravoxious
04.22.2012 , 07:08 PM | #6
I'm having sound issues during PVP which is a major turn off. I cant repair and my sound drivers are up to date. The issues came after patch 1.2. Bioware are you going to address this issue or should canceling my subscription be an option. Blizzard takes a long time to release their games but for good reason. They make sure the game is working properly before they release it to the public. You guys might want to adopt this method. Especially when putting dents in peoples wallets. I want to pay for a game that works as it should be all the time. Not encountering issues after patches.

Metalmac
04.23.2012 , 06:29 PM | #7
The repair utility will not do a thing. After 5 times and all drivers up to date and OS W7 up to date the issue is at Bio Ware end.

Example: Last night entire guild in EV run all got the sound issue at same time as we all logged off at same time and then returned. Also even those that did not log off said that the sound at that time stopped working for the boss fight.
This means that the SEVER at Bio Ware is the trigger for the problem not the Client side computers.

When we all logged off again and came back it started working again but then later again cut out sounds and ques to the boss fights.

I do not understand why Bio Ware keeps insisting that this is Client side when anyone that has ever done IT like I have can see the problem is Server side only.

rjkishida
04.23.2012 , 06:43 PM | #8
they said they fixed in the last patch on thursday. given their track record, i'd be surprised if that actually worked. you will noticed also that it only fixed one sound bug, not the multiple types of bugs others have mentioned in similar threads on this board

Metalmac
04.23.2012 , 06:52 PM | #9
I have already ask Bio Ware why they just do not roll back the sound to before 1.2 and at least get a working game.

How the heck are we supposed to play in a FP or WZ or Ops when the sound keeps going out in the middle of a battle?

Who at Bio Ware is responsible for checking code before it is released?
Who at Bio Ware is going to admit they ignored the Test Server posts that told them about this issue?

TurokDarkstar
04.23.2012 , 08:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi xfightx,

In the most recent patch (1.2.0c) one of the major sound issues with the "jet engine" noise was corrected.

What sound issues you are currently encountering at the moment?

Thanks.
Hi Tirvaak,

In the most recent patch (1.2.0c) one of the major sound issues with the "jet engine" noise was listed in the patch notes as corrected, but nothing really changed. We get this LOUD static noise on ships/wz, this is the first indicator that bad things are on the horizon. It's soon followed by music cutting in and out, voice dialog disappearing entirely and obnoxious electricity sounds that happen in all areas (not just ship/wz's).

This is a serious issue that needs immediate attention.

Thanks,

Us.

The Vonsolar Legacy
Imperial Loud-Mouth of Kettemoor