Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

is it rly taht bad?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
is it rly taht bad?

DasHillBilly
04.13.2012 , 06:10 PM | #21
Actually pvp has become eaze mode now. It's all about who gets the first shot and got cds left.

Healers are easily killed you don't have to time interrupts etc. anymore. So people saying it's the people who cannot pvp who leaves are wrong imo. It's actually the people who enjoyed the challenge about timing interrupts, going for the right targets, switch target when needed etc.

As it is after 1.2 it's find a target jump it, unleash all dead... next target bam dead... someone jumps you, your health drops to 10 in 3 sec, you try hitting a health pack, but are stunned dead. Yihaaa respawn go do it again. Who nukes who first it's all about skills...

Having 3 toons at lvl 50 I enjoyed both being a healer and a dps trying to kill a healer. Now it's boring trying to kill a healer, even the good ones you will eventually get. Not because they hheal for less, but because my burst dmg is considerably higher on my merc and sniper. So is everyone elses.

With my healer it's not a question about who you run into, but a question how fast you get targeted by someone. Yes pre 1.2 sometimes some ppl couldn't kill you. The best had a chance and they could certainly neutralize you, so you couldn't get the healing on the ball carrier. Also good players recognizing their gear isn't good enough to kill the healer was smart enough to make sure to kick the healer out LOS from his friends or just try to interrupt him at critical times.

Now you just shut off your brain and go into frenzy with, burst until you die.

So the fun fights you had against a healer or as a healerm with two skilled players are gone.

That is ofc not a bad thing for some people who finally doesn't have to think about interrupts and using the best dmg skills at the right moment anymore. The same people who are saying the bad players are leaving and the good ones adapt. I would say in many cases it's the opposite the people who enjoyed the constant fight vs their arch enemies often a healer and a dps class.

So seriously the pvp has not gotten worse, it has just changed the focus to all out attack. If you are skillbased player who like to time things, SWOTR is not the game for you anymore. But if you like the quick both blazers out kill, respawn, kill, respawn then the game took a turn for the better.

Subatomix
04.13.2012 , 06:36 PM | #22
And if you like mashing the TAB key until the system targets the correct player, or so you hope, then yes this is the pvp for you.

Or if you just like a random target focus system, this is the pvp for you.
You are overpowered. Nerf yourself before it's too late.
http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/shop/browse.cfm

DasHillBilly
04.13.2012 , 06:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Subatomix View Post
And if you like mashing the TAB key until the system targets the correct player, or so you hope, then yes this is the pvp for you.

Or if you just like a random target focus system, this is the pvp for you.
HAHA, yes tab and hope.

But maybe also working as intended. This game is becoming more like most other mainstream mmo's pvp. Everyone should be able to kill everyone no matter their playerskills. Only gear should be a factor, hope Arch Age is delivering.

alderdale
04.13.2012 , 06:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaipyr View Post
It's only that bad if you're a terrible gamer barely capable of rational thought or doing anything beyond rolling face across keyboard.

If you're a capable gamer then no, it's not bad at all.
You are one of those people in life that quietly accepts whatever is given to you and deals with it. The problem is Val this isnt your job, or a relationship or a tax audit. This is a game that used to be rather fun to play but has now lost a good chunk of its appeal for allot of people.

So we have either A unsubbed or B came to the forums to try to get Bioware to focus on what they did well initially make a really fun and fairly balanced game.

We are not like you, we do not just quietly accept and "adjust" we move on. So watch the sub numbers over the next few months they will paint a clearer picture.

Subatomix
04.13.2012 , 10:19 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DasHillBilly View Post
HAHA, yes tab and hope.

But maybe also working as intended. This game is becoming more like most other mainstream mmo's pvp. Everyone should be able to kill everyone no matter their playerskills. Only gear should be a factor, hope Arch Age is delivering.
The "TAB and hope" thing should have had us all leaving long ago. Damn light sabers. They're so cool I forgot about all the stupid design choices in the game.

Thankfully, they left me no choice now. PVP on my server is worthless. Playing 4 v 8 games is just so far from fun it made unsubscribing all too easy.

Then I started to think about all the other junk still in the game. I mean, come on, you can't even queue as a group of eight? Seriously guys, you really needed to fix broken content before adding new.

Oh well, some of them may learn as they fill out unemployment forms. Putting SWTOR on a resume will soon do more harm than good.
You are overpowered. Nerf yourself before it's too late.
http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/shop/browse.cfm