Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No more PvP for me.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
No more PvP for me.

Cobb
04.13.2012 , 09:59 PM | #1
Seriously.

Takes 20 minutes for a queue to pop.

A third of the time, I end up joining an already-lost WZ. Oooh, great! guaranteed not enough medals to get ANYTHING.

Another third of the time, I join a WZ but only half my team shows up. Another guaranteed loss and zero xp, valor, or credits.

The other third, I join a new WZ with a full team (or at least 6 people). Then, I run a 50/50 chance of being on the winning side. And, depending on my spec and the WZ in particular, I run about a 75% chance of earning enough medals on a WIN to earn anything.

So... doing the math... 1/3 * 1/2 * 3/4... about a one out of eight chance of earning ANYTHING. AWESOME!

Fornicate That.

I loved PvP - all of my chars on my acouunt have their Valor Rank capped due to level, except my 50.

But now? Not fun because you don't have fair fights anymore. People drop when they see they're going to lose, and I can't blame them. And once people drop, the fun is over.

Adding drop penalties isn't going to fix this. People will just alt-tab and watch Netflix, then tab back enough to keep from getting voted out for being AFK.

Not gonna unsub, because I have 7 stories I haven't yet finished. But once I do? Well, let's just hope they have PvP fixed by then.
Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. --Oliver Wendell Holmes