Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Detailed Companion List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Detailed Companion List

Eternalnight
04.08.2012 , 05:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealPyxx View Post

Yuun uses an Electro Staff also uses Aim. Shouldn't this be Willpower like Vector Hyllis?

Scorpio uses an Electro Staff but again usues Aim.

Akaavi Spaar uses an Electro Staff but also Aim as a stat.
Except none of those 3 uses electrostaff (which is willpower weapon).
Their primary stat is aim and they use techstaff or techblade

Quote:
If they Heal then use Cunning if they dps then use Aim.
No, that would not make any sense.

Just like playable classes
Trooper/Bounty Hunter use Aim for as both healer and dps
Smuggler/Imperial Agent use Cunning for both heal and dps

Simple as that. Nothing about any of the companions primary stats need to change like that.

Eternalnight
04.08.2012 , 05:59 PM | #12
Oh, I looked in more closely. There's a lot more errors than that.
Would take hours to list them all.

You should really start over and find a better source for the list.

TheRealPyxx
04.08.2012 , 06:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Except none of those 3 uses electrostaff (which is willpower weapon).
Their primary stat is aim and they use techstaff or techblade

No, that would not make any sense.

Just like playable classes
Trooper/Bounty Hunter use Aim for as both healer and dps
Smuggler/Imperial Agent use Cunning for both heal and dps

Simple as that. Nothing about any of the companions primary stats need to change like that.
I'll correct the errors in the companion weapons. But as far as Healers use Cunning, I was referring to just the companions.. not the Playable Classes.

Example would be Mako, Bounty Hunter companion uses medium gear that has Cunning. Or Doc Knight companion also uses medium Cunning gear.

TheRealPyxx
04.08.2012 , 06:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Oh, I looked in more closely. There's a lot more errors than that.
Would take hours to list them all.

You should really start over and find a better source for the list.
Well the sources I used I'm sure are outdated. As most websites are going to be if they don't do some type of maintenance on them. However my sources are:

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Classes

http://www.torhead.com/companions

http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/class.html

I tried cross referencing all 3 sites and had to copy and paste the summaries of what you're seeing for the type of classes they are as well as the weapons they use. What I'll do is talk with some guild members sometime in the next couple of days and get a list of the companions and gear type for each of the Classes. Then I'll come back online to correct the issues that are wrong. But Thanks for pointing some out.

Gnanika
04.08.2012 , 07:05 PM | #15
Corrections to the OP.

Raina Temple uses dual pistols, and is not a 'Ranged Healer.' She is a dps (Gunslinger), identical to Vette, Andronikos, etc.

M1-4X's information is copy/pasted from Elara Dorne right above him. He is also not a healer, and is not romanceable (although that would totally be awesome). He is a tank.

If Zenith is romanceable, it's news to me.

Veriu
04.08.2012 , 07:06 PM | #16
During beta, the dev's made a choice and split the whole world into two groups.

1) There's force/mystical/weird using people (jedi/sith, any companion that uses the force, any companion that uses weird abilities like Vector Hyllis). These people all have the primary stat of either strength or willpower, and they either use lightsabers, vibro weapons, or electro weapons.

2) There's the non-force/mystical/weird people (everyone not in group 1). These people all have the primary stat of Aim or Cunning, and they uses blasters weapons, tech weapons, or vibro weapons (yes, vibro weapons are on both groups...idk why).

So, for example...your questions about: Qyzen Fess, Torian Caldera, Skadge, etc all using melee weapons but having Aim as their primary stat. That is because none of them use the force, therefore they either have cunning or aim as their primary stat, and somewhere along the line the Dev's decided that all tech weapons would be aim based.

The reason why sometimes you find weird items on torhead, or even in game (i.e. medium armor with cunning and defense rating) is because like 3 or 4 months before launch the Dev's changed the entire way that stats worked in the game.

Prior to the change, there were no "primary stats", stats ONLY affected abilities that were of their type....meaning strength only affected melee abilities, aim only affected ranged abilities (and at the time, presence affected healing). That also went the other way, so for example the only way to increase your healing, was to gain more presence...putting on more cunning/aim/willpower did not increase bonus healing.

The dev's decided that the system was too complicated (due to things like, shadow/assassin needing to wear a mix of both strength and willpower gear so that both their force & melee abilities would be boosted). So, they scrapped the entire Stat system, redid all companions and virtually all gear. Odd pieces of gear that you find, are pieces that slipped through the cracks (i.e. vibroknives with aim instead of cunning). This is also true of any odd scenes you see in cinematics that show companions using the wrong weapon.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

TheRealPyxx
04.08.2012 , 07:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gnanika View Post
Corrections to the OP.

Raina Temple uses dual pistols, and is not a 'Ranged Healer.' She is a dps (Gunslinger), identical to Vette, Andronikos, etc.

M1-4X's information is copy/pasted from Elara Dorne right above him. He is also not a healer, and is not romanceable (although that would totally be awesome). He is a tank.

If Zenith is romanceable, it's news to me.
All Fixed, Zenith is speculation from another site, I just copy and pasted over. However until confirmed I just added a double ?.

Thanks for the info.

TheRealPyxx
04.08.2012 , 07:37 PM | #18
@ Veriu as far as the odd weapons I can understand, but in cinematics it's just the rare occasion like the Black Talon run where you kill the general as an Imperial Agent. or when Kaliyo does that ability I was referring to she pulls out her Rifle and a Shotgun at the same time.

Little bugs like that actually make you wonder why you're not able to use these weapons as secondary or have them on your companions as a secondary weapons. Even though Kaliyo already has a Shield Generator.

Veriu
04.08.2012 , 07:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealPyxx View Post
@ Veriu as far as the odd weapons I can understand, but in cinematics it's just the rare occasion like the Black Talon run where you kill the general as an Imperial Agent. or when Kaliyo does that ability I was referring to she pulls out her Rifle and a Shotgun at the same time.

Little bugs like that actually make you wonder why you're not able to use these weapons as secondary or have them on your companions as a secondary weapons. Even though Kaliyo already has a Shield Generator.
It's because you're so awesome, your IA can create a blaster pistol out of nothing on her hip whenever she wants to. It just materializes out of thin air at need.

Though..sometimes it doesn't materialize, but that's ok. As your IA is actually SO SO AWESOME that she can shoot people with an imaginary blaster pistol and they still die.

As for Kaliyo...do you even want to ask where she hides her shotgun? I don't want to ask, she tells me enough really disturbing things as I'm walking around as it is......
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

TheRealPyxx
04.08.2012 , 07:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
As for Kaliyo...do you even want to ask where she hides her shotgun? I don't want to ask, she tells me enough really disturbing things as I'm walking around as it is......
lmao

Hey I had a Blaster Pistol materialize on my Guardian.. I kid you not I had to get a screen shot of it. lol

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o..._41_493626.jpg

Here's Kaliyo's Shotgun

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o..._17_299007.jpg