Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Game Access Download

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Early Game Access Download

hawtShowerz
12.16.2011 , 01:07 PM | #1
I have to ask, is this DL seriously 25 gigs? I mean frankly, I'm still waiting for the thing, but 11 gigs is enough as it is. I'm not that crazy about the game that I can't wait for my copy to arrive. Anyone know how long this'll take at 5 megabits p/s cus I feel like it's gonna be over a day.

Edit: Before I get trolled, I do understand this is a standard for many dedicated MMO players.

DarthMicalas
12.16.2011 , 01:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by hawtShowerz View Post
I have to ask, is this DL seriously 25 gigs? I mean frankly, I'm still waiting for the thing, but 11 gigs is enough as it is. I'm not that crazy about the game that I can't wait for my copy to arrive. Anyone know how long this'll take at 5 megabits p/s cus I feel like it's gonna be over a day.
Downloading at 5mb? You'll be fine. It shouldn't take that long. My download was buggy as hell and it kept forcing me to re-download the entire game. It would finish the download and then say there was a problem with some of the files and to run the repair tool. Every time I ran the repair tool it decided to re-download 11GB of crap.. Over the course of about 2 days I think 100GB of data moved through my cables and that was at 3mb. It shouldn't take you too long.

Dasffion
12.16.2011 , 01:11 PM | #3
The game itself is 18.4 GB, it takes 27 GB to unpack everything. At 5 megabits per second it'll only take you 8.37 hours which isn't bad at all.

VanorDM
12.16.2011 , 01:12 PM | #4
It shouldn't be that big. The beta client was like 18.5GB, and I don't think they added that much more stuff, should be 20 or so gigs.

hawtShowerz
12.16.2011 , 01:14 PM | #5
Wow that's reassuring. Looks like I'm gonna have my face glued for +/- 10 hours. Nothing new. Thank you all.

Dasffion
12.16.2011 , 01:16 PM | #6
Wow that's reassuring. Looks like I'm gonna have my face glued for +/- 10 hours. Nothing new. Thank you all.
In case your wondering you can find this information using google. All I did was googled 18.4 gigabytes / 5 megabits and that gave me a calculator answer, then dived that by 3600 (60 * 60) and that gave me the length of time in hours.

hawtShowerz
12.16.2011 , 01:19 PM | #7
Really now. Well honestly I have enough faith in the fan-base that I asked here first. But that's quite interesting. I can definitely use that in the future.