Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Bioware should do to make a quick 1M additional subs ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
What Bioware should do to make a quick 1M additional subs ?

Ivanblood
04.07.2012 , 08:22 AM | #1
Well...If SWTOR, after patch 1.2, is realesed on Steam, it would easy make addtional 1 M subs. And if Bioware cuts the price down at half, the number would be even greater.
At least it worked for Rift, thanks to low price and Steam, that game is alive.

If SWTOR cuts down its price to 19.99 then we would play a 3M subs game.

MajikMyst
04.07.2012 , 08:26 AM | #2
Your proof of that number is?? Steam is nothing more than a middle man.. Bioware doesn't need it...

Also the game is $15.00 per month USD for everyone.. They are not going to cut prices for a single segment of the players..

So in your words they would have to lose money to make these 1 million subs that are out there somewhere?? Doesn't make much sense to me..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Ivanblood
04.07.2012 , 08:28 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Your proof of that number is?? Steam is nothing more than a middle man.. Bioware doesn't need it...
Are you kidding ? Steam is basically the platform for PC gaming. There are XBOX, PS and Steam.

Kaphik
04.07.2012 , 08:28 AM | #4
Rift is alive an has less subs than SWTOR, so how would increasing the sub numbers help using your examples?

ConradLionhart
04.07.2012 , 08:30 AM | #5
Unfortunately, before we can even discuss this, we need to go through one roadblock.

EA.

EA would never sell SW:TOR on Steam. They'd rather sell it on Origin.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

MajikMyst
04.07.2012 , 08:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivanblood View Post
Are you kidding ? Steam is basically the platform for PC gaming. There are XBOX, PS and Steam.
And somehow that is proof 1 million people will subscribe?? Steam is still a middle man..

MajikMyst
04.07.2012 , 08:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
Unfortunately, before we can even discuss this, we need to go through one roadblock.

EA.

EA would never sell SW:TOR on Steam. They'd rather sell it on Origin.
/thread

Maglon
04.07.2012 , 08:34 AM | #8
If this game were on steam it would sell like hot cakes. You dont need to state proof just log on steam and look at how many people are on there. No reason at all that people should be flaming on this thread. Its a very valid point.

Kaphik
04.07.2012 , 08:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Maglon View Post
If this game were on steam it would sell like hot cakes. You dont need to state proof just log on steam and look at how many people are on there. No reason at all that people should be flaming on this thread. Its a very valid point.
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Maglon
04.07.2012 , 08:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.
lame discussion if you ask me ... if the man suggests that maybe it would help being on steam who is anyone to say no you are wrong? How is he wrong? because someone decided to type on a thread for the sake of it? I stand by my original post.