Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Buy sent me not 1 but 2 pre-ordered codes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Best Buy sent me not 1 but 2 pre-ordered codes

Sith-Viscera
12.15.2011 , 08:32 PM | #1
(I Guess the Force is Truly With Me, or is it?)

Just like the title says, But let me back up a couple weeks earlier.
I pre ordered my collectors edition of the game through bestbuy.com on the 1st of December. As we all know you get a preoredered code with your order, right? So i did not get, so i gave it a while figuring i'll have it before the 13th of the beginning of early access day. Well still i had nothing emailed to me, so i called them up and told them about it and the tech guy said he take care of it, look for it in my email in about 24 hours. 24 hours comes and goes and still no code. So then i inform bioware tech support to see what they had to say? Well while waiting for a response from them i receive my code from best buy. So i proceed to redeem this code since it is now the 13th i go through all the steps and now i am just waiting for my invite so i can get into game, well today still no invite and i hear from Bioware and i explain to them what happen but i still send them their info they requested and then shortly after i get another email from Bestbuy.com and its another preordered code, but my collectors edition is already registered with the first code i got so, What Do I Do With This 1? Do i try to redeem this and take a chance it messes up the first one or what?

Rohrnin
12.15.2011 , 08:45 PM | #2
Noooooo don't. If you have entered a pre-order code and your account shows it as a-ok then you are all set.

When you go pick up (or have delivered whatever you have going) your physical copy, then you will enter in the prodcut code from that to actually register your copy from that.

So with the way things have been going - personal experience with my wife's account being all messed up (and no we never tried multiple codes either) I would highly recommend against it.

Just my 2 credits

Sith-Viscera
12.15.2011 , 08:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohrnin View Post
Noooooo don't. If you have entered a pre-order code and your account shows it as a-ok then you are all set.

When you go pick up (or have delivered whatever you have going) your physical copy, then you will enter in the prodcut code from that to actually register your copy from that.

So with the way things have been going - personal experience with my wife's account being all messed up (and no we never tried multiple codes either) I would highly recommend against it.

Just my 2 credits
Well I pay you 5 Credits for your wise insight, and I thank you. I figured as much but one sometimes just doesn't know what to do for sure.

Again ty...