Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long before EA characters are wiped?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How long before EA characters are wiped?

gualdhar
12.15.2011 , 08:04 PM | #1
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that my pre-order is early enough that I'll be able to play some tomorrow before the flight to my holiday vacation leaves tomorrow night. If I do, I'll have enough time to name my character, play a bit, and maybe get a few levels before I leave. I don't get back until the 30th, and in that time my account won't be active - my CE box will be waiting for me at Gamestop back home, with my retail code inside. So I'm wondering, how long will Bioware take to delete EA accounts or characters that don't have a retail code? I'd rather not lose the little progress I make simply because I won't be around to pick up my game.

Thanks for any help.

Kazter
12.15.2011 , 08:08 PM | #2
As far as I know, Early Access is permanent. Any characters you make on any given server will be permanent, even if your account itself is not active. This is much the same vein as any other MMO that has persistent characters.
Xeria - Vanguard
Katra - Scoundrel

Datacron Loremaster - Revan Beta Group

gualdhar
12.15.2011 , 08:47 PM | #3
Well I wanted to double check, because I'm not sure this is in the same vein. Other MMOs that didn't delete characters had them associated with paying accounts, and technically, I won't have an active account for a couple weeks after release. Plus, as far as I've seen Bioware hasn't said anything one way or the other about deleting characters on deactivated accounts.

Is it possible to get a protocol droid to answer this?