Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Korriban Commendations...

ForceFanatic
12.15.2011 , 03:34 PM | #1
Hi,

I did every quest on Korriban and only received 7 commendations. The vendors require 8 for any purchase. Did I miss something? How can I get another?

I don't think I can convert this into Drommund Kass commendations either.

Thanks.

slyvarius
12.15.2011 , 03:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceFanatic View Post
Hi,

I did every quest on Korriban and only received 7 commendations. The vendors require 8 for any purchase. Did I miss something? How can I get another?

I don't think I can convert this into Drommund Kass commendations either.

Thanks.
As far as I remember commendations can be traded up. You get them randomly from drops and for a few quests, so maybe you just had bad luck with the RNG.

chibenVT
12.15.2011 , 04:20 PM | #3
I remember being able to trade in commendations in the beta, but I think they got rid of that function. I'm in the same boat and have been grinding on Korriban, looking for that last, elusive commendation.

Traditz
12.15.2011 , 04:43 PM | #4
Same here, I ran at least 5 characters through Korriban with some getting as many as 10 commendations from doing all the quests and random drops. I've so far ran through 3 times and always end up at 7.

If nothing else they nerfed the mob drop rate of them.
CE VIP
Squadron 11-11-11 Never Forget

split_light
12.15.2011 , 04:46 PM | #5
I doubt you did anything wrong. Sometimes you just don't get enough. It's annoying but not really a huge deal, as you'll get better equipment then what you get for the commendation fairly quickly.

As of the last beta build you could no longer trade up your commendations. I haven't checked the live version though.

SoNofHuD
12.15.2011 , 04:49 PM | #6
You just have to kill random mobs - tougher mobs have higher drop rates. I just kept killing stuff until I had enough
== wHo-DAT Kardashian ==
<PACE>

split_light
12.15.2011 , 04:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SoNofHuD View Post
You just have to kill random mobs - tougher mobs have higher drop rates. I just kept killing stuff until I had enough
If you really want that last commendation, Heroic quests are daily repeatable, and many of them give a commendation as a possible reward. You do usually have to find a partner though.