Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

Cythereal
02.22.2012 , 10:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Teddygram View Post
I would soooo let my wookie babysit!!
On my Imperial Agent's ship... I don't think I'd be comfortable letting anyone on that damn Phantom babysit a kid. Ensign Temple, maybe, but she's always with me in the field. Vector and Lokin might infect the baby before their immune system can handle being exposed to a Joiner and a guy who turns into a rakghoul, and I don't even want to think about letting Kaliyo or Scorpio near a baby.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

Anysao
02.22.2012 , 10:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
On my Imperial Agent's ship... I don't think I'd be comfortable letting anyone on that damn Phantom babysit a kid. Ensign Temple, maybe, but she's always with me in the field. Vector and Lokin might infect the baby before their immune system can handle being exposed to a Joiner and a guy who turns into a rakghoul, and I don't even want to think about letting Kaliyo or Scorpio near a baby.
Gosh you lazy agent, why don't you take care of your own guppies?
And vector and Lokin would be great! Babies love to play with bugs, and so vector would be a perfect playmate. And Lokin can always keep them entertained.
Kaliyo would teach them math by how to count death sticks, and Scorpio...well, she...well...beats me.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Cythereal
02.22.2012 , 10:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Gosh you lazy agent, why don't you take care of your own guppies?
Babies and deep-cover assignments don't mix.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

Noirish-Jedi
02.22.2012 , 10:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
Babies and deep-cover assignments don't mix.
Sounds like the perfect match if you ask me. Who would suspect a doting parent with their infant?

Ranadiel_Marius
02.22.2012 , 11:56 AM | #25
Your alts are effectively your children/apprentices/whatever through the Legacy. We already know that you'll be able to construct a family tree for all your characters on a server through the legacy system, so that is where the "children" will come in.

Will this have a ridiculous number of continuity issues as a result? Oh heck yes, the entire storylines will basically not make sense in terms of continuity but there you go. *shrug*

Anysao
02.22.2012 , 12:37 PM | #26
I wonder what the children's adult life will be like?
*18 years later*
bye mom! Bye dad! I'm going to college!
That's great, where are you going?
To The college of tython!
You mean the college of korriban, right?
No... The college of tython! I wanna be a je-
*turns on lightsaber* no, you want to be a sith. Sith good.
Uh... Ya. Sith good. Sith don't make me die by my dad.

It's always a good day when they continue the family business.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Yermog
02.22.2012 , 12:40 PM | #27
Oh, I would love to see the companions reacting to having a kid on board now. A wookie and a baby... My lord.

I had started this as a serious conversation, and now that I can see them having kids, the hilarity keeps me laughing.

Scramasax
02.22.2012 , 12:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Your alts are effectively your children/apprentices/whatever through the Legacy. We already know that you'll be able to construct a family tree for all your characters on a server through the legacy system, so that is where the "children" will come in.

Will this have a ridiculous number of continuity issues as a result? Oh heck yes, the entire storylines will basically not make sense in terms of continuity but there you go. *shrug*

I'm not even sure how this is going to work for my characters since they're all different species. Unless I pull a Final Fantasy VIII and say
Spoiler

(marking spoilers for a decade-old game lol)

Yermog
02.22.2012 , 12:51 PM | #29
Kudos for the reference!

In other news, I would find it difficult to implement a parent-child aspect of the Legacy system when my main character is a Sith Pureblood and then I have a Zabrak trooper.

Cythereal
02.22.2012 , 12:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
Kudos for the reference!

In other news, I would find it difficult to implement a parent-child aspect of the Legacy system when my main character is a Sith Pureblood and then I have a Zabrak trooper.
I have a Chiss Imperial Agent, Mirialan Trooper, Sith Pureblood Sith Warrior, and a Twi'lek Jedi Consular (only the IA and SW are at high levels, mind). I'd love to see how they fit into a family tree.