Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

Deadpooled
02.22.2012 , 07:55 AM | #11
god i hope not....i play this so i can ignore my wife & kid (hence why i hate maint and the wife thinks thats fair-game to talk to me about crap for hours...btw been happily married 18 years without any major arguement, love online gaming )

Noirish-Jedi
02.22.2012 , 08:02 AM | #12
Somehow I just can't imagine my Republic Trooper coming home from a hard day of work shooting at various forms of Imperial scum bag just to change Junior's huggies.

Of course I'm not saying the feature shouldn't be implemented. In a game like TOR the whole thing revolves around the concept of choosing how you shape your character for yourself. And from that stand point I think that if your character can get married then I don't see why you can't start a family. It would be a nice option.

But for me, I signed up to shoot stuff with a blaster rifle, not to spawn little NPCs to mess up my Thunderclap while I'm out securing the safety of the Republic.

Yermog
02.22.2012 , 08:05 AM | #13
An expansion with a character's kid would be interesting, but I think they'd have to limit character creation options, or get rid of it entirely. If they did have Character Creation, you'd probably only be able to choose facial features, hair colors, and eye color that matches the parents. At least, I'd hope they'd do something like that. It would help keep the "Hey, this is my Smuggler/Jedi/SWarror/etc.'s kid! Just look at the family resemblance!"

sparklecat
02.22.2012 , 08:35 AM | #14
If they do put this in, I hope they remember that we're got spaceships and all sorts of other technological/medical advances; Quinn's already offered to be main caretaker of my Warrior's children, so let him carry them too.

KennethHoover
02.22.2012 , 08:55 AM | #15
I could let C2-N2 be the nanny while I go planetside to kill stuff.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

grania
02.22.2012 , 09:22 AM | #16
If they were to put children in the game, I would be extremely impressed. Not really because it's something that I'm eager for, just that I would consider it a pretty audacious thing to do.

Quote:
If they do put this in, I hope they remember that we're got spaceships and all sorts of other technological/medical advances; Quinn's already offered to be main caretaker of my Warrior's children, so let him carry them too.
...seconded!
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Anysao
02.22.2012 , 09:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Noirish-Jedi View Post
Somehow I just can't imagine my Republic Trooper coming home from a hard day of work shooting at various forms of Imperial scum bag just to change Junior's huggies.

Of course I'm not saying the feature shouldn't be implemented. In a game like TOR the whole thing revolves around the concept of choosing how you shape your character for yourself. And from that stand point I think that if your character can get married then I don't see why you can't start a family. It would be a nice option.

But for me, I signed up to shoot stuff with a blaster rifle, not to spawn little NPCs to mess up my Thunderclap while I'm out securing the safety of the Republic.
Not to mention my khem-khem might eat them!!
I just would see it so weirdly. How long will we/our companion stay Pregnant? Would be pregnant? Will We all adopt? How about what would they play with ("No Junior! Bowdaar is NOT a squeaky toy!") will they grow up? Will they eat and poop? Will some of the profanity filter be lifted?
So many questions.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Scramasax
02.22.2012 , 10:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklecat View Post
Oh yes, what a wonderful idea. Honestly, Vector's weird enough that I think he'd be pretty excited to be a...mommy?

On the other hand, my Inquisitor would make a terrible mother. I don't think she's responsible enough for a baby, and who would take care of it? Khem Val? "A shadow killer doesn't change diapers blah blah blah."

Teddygram
02.22.2012 , 10:11 AM | #19
I would soooo let my wookie babysit!!
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. ~ Qui-Gon Jin

Noirish-Jedi
02.22.2012 , 10:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Teddygram View Post
I would soooo let my wookie babysit!!
I wish I grew up with a wookiee babysitter!