Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

Aitix
02.19.2012 , 01:10 PM | #1
OK, so we've all learned by now that Darth Maul is alive and kicking. Some may like that he's back and some are probably still face-palming. However, that doesn't mean they can't make the most out of Maul's resurrection. Look here.

Apparently, Sam Witwer is going to voice Darth Maul and from the video in the article, he seems pretty spot-on.

SammyRath
02.19.2012 , 01:34 PM | #2
For the first time since they announced his return, I'm actually looking forward to seeing It.

Czenabog
02.19.2012 , 03:53 PM | #3
I didn't fully read the article, but for those who don't know of Sam Witwer beyond his voice of Starkiller from The Force Unleashed games, his other contributions to Star Wars has been voicing Palpatine in those games as well as the character known as "The Son" or "Mortis" in The Clone Wars season 3.

Additionally, his been on Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek New Voyages, Battlestar Galactia, CSI, Dexter, The Mist, Smallville, and currently the vampire on Being Human... So he seemingly knows his way around the nerd universe... I'm looking forward to his Darth Maul performance.

Kaskava
02.19.2012 , 05:38 PM | #4
fgxfgnfgyhtudhmfmfgmnfgnbnbnsdfb

^^Slamming my palm on the keyboard. Why can't some people just stay dead.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

Forgon
02.19.2012 , 05:50 PM | #5
Considering I really like the actor and his performances, with really his only lackluster character truly being Galen Marek, I am glad they cast him for the role.

Nice ad-lib of his too, quoting the Sith Code. Good to know we have good Star Wars fans playing these roles.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Forsbacka
02.19.2012 , 06:59 PM | #6
Sam who? is he somekinda god of nerds or something?

TitsHemmingway
02.20.2012 , 12:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Forsbacka View Post
Sam who? is he somekinda god of nerds or something?
Essentially, yes. He is just epic. Looking forward to seeing him in more 'nerd stuff' in the future.

MustrumRidcully
02.20.2012 , 01:57 AM | #8
Oh, Crashdown from BSG! But Darth Maul? No one ever stays dead in Star Wars EU, do they?

BrandonSM
02.20.2012 , 04:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Oh, Crashdown from BSG! But Darth Maul? No one ever stays dead in Star Wars EU, do they?
lets just say No one ever stays dead in Star Wars period.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

StarXchaser
02.20.2012 , 05:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
OK, so we've all learned by now that Darth Maul is alive and kicking. Some may like that he's back and some are probably still face-palming. However, that doesn't mean they can't make the most out of Maul's resurrection. Look here.

Apparently, Sam Witwer is going to voice Darth Maul and from the video in the article, he seems pretty spot-on.
I think this is awesome. I can not wait to see what they do with this.