Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

Galbatorrix
02.17.2012 , 09:29 AM | #1
Ok, in another thread, someone was claiming that boss loot drops are completely random, but in my experience, 99% of the time, if I'm running with STR and AIM users, those are the types of drops we see from bosses in that particular flashpoint. Am I just the luckiest person ever, or does having certain classes in the party raise the chance to see their primary stat loot drop from that FPs bosses? I mean, I've seen the occasional WP item drop while running with a Guardian, Sentinel, two commandos type group, but it's extremely rare. Like once in every 20 or so drops rare.

I searched the net before making this thread and couldn't find a definite answer either way.

Does anyone know for sure?

mangarrage
02.17.2012 , 09:32 AM | #2
I personally have never seen anything that dropped for a class that wasnt there

Not proof but...

CadaKai
02.17.2012 , 09:37 AM | #3
I have run plenty of times when cunning gear would drop with no IA in the group, or aim with no BH, or strength with no warrior so no it is not aimed at classes present.

Bloodtau
02.17.2012 , 09:38 AM | #4
Yeah it's random. I'm always getting agent drops in there is no agent or warrior drops if I haven't teamed with a warrior in days. Pretty silly really, you go through an entire FP only to end up with No rewards and not even the correct gear for companion trash.

Sunsoar
02.17.2012 , 09:41 AM | #5
I wish op. You would think this would have been implemented years ago.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

Galbatorrix
02.17.2012 , 09:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
I have run plenty of times when cunning gear would drop with no IA in the group, or aim with no BH, or strength with no warrior so no it is not aimed at classes present.

That's crazy. My experience has been the exact opposite. I even soloed TBT or the Esseles with all of my characters around level 12-13 just because I was all but guaranteed to get the blue/orange drops for my PC. Heck, I soloed TBT with my Bounty Hunter like 3 times trying to get the Operative Jacket for Mako and I got NOTHING but AIM gear each and every time.

Morpholinium
02.17.2012 , 09:43 AM | #7
Everything here is anecdotal. Only the devs know for sure.

That said, after numerous solo runs of BT farming companion affection, my SW has vendored many, many, many juggernaut boots.

AGSThomas
02.17.2012 , 09:44 AM | #8
definitely random. I've been 50 for a while now and I run BT hard mode every day for the daily. Sometimes for like a week in a row I wont see anything for my class or anyone else in the group drop.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Quip
02.17.2012 , 09:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mangarrage View Post
I personally have never seen anything that dropped for a class that wasnt there

Not proof but...
I'm with you.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
4/22. After this date, the Off-Topic forum will no longer be available.

ferroz
02.17.2012 , 09:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
likewise: my experience is that random loot is random.

I've seen heavy str armor drop, with only a jedi sentinel in the group

I ran a flashpoint where the only piece of non-str gear to drop was a relic, without a jedi knight in the group

I ran black talon a long while back (the low level version) with a sith inquisitor and a sith warrior, and we saw aim and cunning pieces drop (I think we each got a piece of loot for our companions)