Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starting to read some Star Wars books

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Starting to read some Star Wars books

AydenStorm
02.14.2012 , 09:24 PM | #11
I personally would read them all.

I prefer the OT novels and the world afterwards so I would start with Shadows of the Empire, then move to Truce of Bakura... etc...etc.

Zahn's books are great. He created fun characters that were not jedi who were still relevant to the setting and world. He was also very faithful to the characters as we see them in the movies.

Plus Talon Karrde, Mara Jade and Thrawn? How can you go wrong!

Liquidacid
02.14.2012 , 09:41 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by chiefdano View Post

I also suggest the audiobooks if you are going book by book. They make the stories10x better and enjoyable.
I dunno... I have 120 SW novels on audio... some of them are awesome and they all have the benefit of letting me enjoy them while playing games or working... but some of the abridged only ones (NJO series especially) cut out 2/3 of the book to make them 3 hours long instead of around 9... I mean Star by Star the audiobook cut out the entire invasion of Coruscant which was not only a major part of the book but a major point in the entire 19 book series...
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

chiefdano
02.14.2012 , 09:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
I dunno... I have 120 SW novels on audio... some of them are awesome and they all have the benefit of letting me enjoy them while playing games or working... but some of the abridged only ones (NJO series especially) cut out 2/3 of the book to make them 3 hours long instead of around 9... I mean Star by Star the audiobook cut out the entire invasion of Coruscant which was not only a major part of the book but a major point in the entire 19 book series...
Yes I agree. It did suck in that series. I would have liked to read SBS just for the invasion

But, for the most part, the audiobooks are good for reading all of them for the reasons you stated: at work, exercising, etc
Graf - Republic of OT Guild Leader and lead trash talker
Hedarr Soongh

Illuziun
02.14.2012 , 10:20 PM | #14
I really liked the Jedi Academy, much better then Thrawn for me, but I would still definitely read Thrawn trilogy.

If I were you, I'd finish off the Bane trilogy since you mentioned only reading one book. Then get into the post movie stuff and just follow the time line through everything.
We don't have end game in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of developers are, well... idiots.

TKMaster
02.15.2012 , 08:04 PM | #15
Dont forget Shadows of the Empire...why does everyone always leave it out?