Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum - Will it ever be remade? Does Bioware maybe think that it is "fine" and fun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ilum - Will it ever be remade? Does Bioware maybe think that it is "fine" and fun?

Auxili
02.15.2012 , 06:20 PM | #21
Will guild wars 2 have similarly-crappy world pvp zones?
I know many people who will be quitting if mechanical design is better in guild wars 2, since decent mechanical design appears to be nonexistant in SWTOR.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

SweetNausea
02.15.2012 , 06:21 PM | #22
I too have been curious as to which dev or team thinks Ilum is "fine" or even "acceptable".

Bloodtau
02.15.2012 , 06:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Auxili View Post
Will guild wars 2 have similarly-crappy world pvp zones?
Nope. they have released their info and map's for their world pvp.
basically 3 servers fight against each other each week for domination of a map and all it's key objectives, such as castles, siege weapons etc.

zeezkos
02.15.2012 , 06:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kickinhead View Post
A MINOR ONE?

On our server, there are constantly 2-5 times the Imps on Ilum than Reps and this is a MINOR problem? I don't care if it's fun or not as long as it's completely imbalanced and almost unplayable for reps on so many servers.

I tried getting my daily today so I got up at 4 o' clock in the morning to farm some Armaments: I was alone on the rep side and there were 5 imps in the middle! Guess how many Points I got for my daily in ~4 hours were I constantly tried to sneak an Armament/kill.... 2!!!!

And during that time, the most Reps I saw at the same time were 2 and as soon as they saw the 5-10 Imps in the middle, they immediately left.

First - solve this issue by making Ilum a cross-server instance, then we can talk about how we can make it more fun and stuff.
TLDR:

1) Having objectives in the zone that are worth a damn will break up the concentration of players (have to split to cap/defend/attack)

2) Most of game mechanic is based aroudn concentrating players to avoid emptiness (only 3 wzs, levels 1-49 together instead of in tiers, only one 'real' pvp zone). I'm guessing they want to avoid ghost-towns which will cause players to pronounce doom.

3) Rewards are not split between groupmembers but are instead given to all (zerg to win)

4) I'm guessing they will put in a good system after a little while, because that's what they do.. give you crap and then put a strawberry on it a month later to make you feel it improved.. when they could have done that to begin with.

Full version

By placing objectives that provide benefit and an objective (besides a ridiculous light-show bombing of the base) and there will be an actual reason for zergs to split up and defend territory. It will actually make sense for turtled people to speeder out to the other areas and for the campers to send people after them.

I can only guess that the reason for only 3 warzones, the reason for placing levels 1-49 together in warzones and for Ilum being the only "real" pvp zone with even a half-assed objective is to concentrate the population so you don't have a ghost town. Warhammer Online had similar systems.. keeping Pvp Zones and Warzones in 10-level tiers, but that was problematic with low populations in those tiers. Warhammer also had a good system for splitting up zergs, specifically having multiple zones and multiple objectives within them with an overall REASON to do more than spawn camp... not to mention the fact that Valour/RPs were SPLIT between groupmembers so zerging gained you less reward. For that matter, I hope they put in the token system of Warhammer so killing players got you tokens to roll for in group.. .

..but, again, I'm guessing they will change this after the initial month or two and call it a brilliant new feature......right now I'm canceled and will wait and see what happens.

Dogfatherxx
02.15.2012 , 06:25 PM | #25
Mark my words. A year from now, Ilum will still be an unplayable disaster. They will never get it right.

Bloodtau
02.15.2012 , 06:30 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dogfatherxx View Post
Mark my words. A year from now, Ilum will still be an unplayable disaster. They will never get it right.
The game will be free to play and be in the bargain bin of video games before then

denpic
02.15.2012 , 06:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by karnyboy View Post
I think Ilum should have a tenacity buff like Wintergrasp in WoW for the outnumbered faction.

I mean on my server it's approximately 3:1 or 4:1 on average for Imps to Reps, if I have to fight 3 Imps, then I better be buffed up enough to make that 3 feel like fighting 1v1.
This so much this it's the only way to address faction imbalance
In ilum

On my server daragons trail imps outnumber pub by a large margin probly 5:1 or more
Last night I was the only pub in ilum with probly 10-15 imps
Ilum is constantly under imp control
Imps are gearing up so fast there's no competition
Anymore