Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imps

Valsdad
02.15.2012 , 12:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
currently being camped by about 50 reps on ilum atm. Therefore by your logic Reps ruin pvp. and considering you guys only play when your winning i think you have no right to make stupid comments
Screen shot or it ain't happenin'.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

Vegathegreat
02.15.2012 , 12:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Infernus View Post
what would you suggest we do? wait a couple hours for you to gather enough players for an even fight? we have dailies to complete and lives to get on with. cry more.
i dunno fight for once? i always challenge imps baiting in central, but 99% of the time they are too chicken **** to come out and fight 1v1 for kill credit, they would much rather call for help and zerg or camp an arms spawn.....

its pathetic to be honest, imperials : "oh hey im gonna login today to not pvp, i just wanna tag targets for kills instead of challenge people for the kills....."

the real issue is armament spawns, they should spread them out everywhere to promote people running off solo to find em, allowing for more 1v1's and 1v2's instead of zergfest, maybe even allow an armament to count as 10 kills if you loot it within 30 seconds of defeating an opponent and also not being grouped or having an ally within 300 yards

The_FeniX
02.15.2012 , 12:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntingez View Post
It sounds like your idea of "PvP in this game" is Ilum. Try queueing up as a premade for a warzone, you'll enjoy winning most of your games if you aren't terrible.
I wouldn't call that "enjoyment" so much. The few times I find myself PvPing anymore, I run as a DPS Guardian with a Sage Healer, and two DPS. We're all fairly geared PvP-wise. Our matches are usually:

1. A one-sided curb stomp (especially if Huttball comes up) which almost always does not count for our daily because (I assume based upon dev comments) that the OpFor had the first player in the WZ leave.

2. An 8 vs 11-14 match we do well in as a group, but cannot accomplish objectives because we're matched man-for-man with 3+ Imps left-over to stall us. I've been on the opposite side of this once and I can't say it was fun smashing the other team because there's zero skill involved.

3. An actual good match against another premade or geared and competent pug team, that results in either a narrow win or narrow loss.

Number 3 is actually exceedingly rare and accounts for maybe 10% of the games I play.

Ilum is a craps shoot. There's either just enough players to get a decent mix of roles to push back the Imps, cap objectives, and get dailies done or it's a ghost town of 8 Reps vs 20+ imps. If I luck into a good day on Ilum, I have about 15-20 minutes to get my daily done before the Imps figure out there's fun to be had on Ilum and 2 full OPs group show up to make kills near impossible.

Once Ilum 1 fills, every rep that leaves the Ops group narrows our chance for reinforcements considerably. Maybe it was buggy, but I remember one day where our group thinned to ~10 members and players still couldn't get into Ilum (1). There was literally a sea of red nameplates and AOEs outside both side of our base. If the 100 player cap is correct and was working correctly, we were outnumbered 9 to 1.

None of this is the Imperial faction's fault (with the possible exception of the imbalanced WZ numbers. From my reading, it's almost certainly an intentional exploit of the system). But something needs to be done either way. PvP is a grind in this game and not just in the sense of dailies/valor.
Fenix - 50 Guardian - 14/27/0
Possible DPS Build - Will know more when dual-specs come.

Good Times.......

Qini
02.15.2012 , 12:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegathegreat View Post
i dunno fight for once? i always challenge imps baiting in central, but 99% of the time they are too chicken **** to come out and fight 1v1 for kill credit, they would much rather call for help and zerg or camp an arms spawn.....

its pathetic to be honest, imperials : "oh hey im gonna login today to not pvp, i just wanna tag targets for kills instead of challenge people for the kills....."

the real issue is armament spawns, they should spread them out everywhere to promote people running off solo to find em, allowing for more 1v1's and 1v2's instead of zergfest, maybe even allow an armament to count as 10 kills if you loot it within 30 seconds of defeating an opponent and also not being grouped or having an ally within 300 yards

Yea agree

Baalzamon
02.15.2012 , 12:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
“If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.”

The words of a chicken.

The_FeniX
02.15.2012 , 12:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegathegreat View Post
I'm ok with that. My first "real" 1 vs 1 experience was when I got caught out away from my Ops on Ilum by a Marauder. We had a battle of attrition and I had to literally use everything available during the fight and so did he. I ended up killing him with ~5% of my HP left. Was an awesome fight and got the blood running. It's a shame he insta-released as I would have /salute(d) him.
Fenix - 50 Guardian - 14/27/0
Possible DPS Build - Will know more when dual-specs come.

Good Times.......

Ashes_Arizona
02.15.2012 , 01:00 PM | #27
This is actually starting to change, at least on the really busy servers.

We had our crap pushed in on Ilum this morning, as Imperials, we had 1.5 Ops groups and the Reps fielded 3 ops groups against that.

Why is it changing? People growing bored/unsubbing and most especially to be considered...switching sides to experience new content and, of course, to help with the pop imbalance.

Right now, on The Harbinger, Ilum can go either way, Reps win sometimes, Imps win sometimes.

But I'll tell you right now, both sides zerg and both sides do their damndest to ensure their zerg is bigger than the other sides zerg.

And thats not either factions fault. Thats the nature of a large PvP area with only one objective that even matters in it.

ScipioAemilianus
02.15.2012 , 05:40 PM | #28
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

Do I need to elaborate? The problem here is a fundamental concept. That's what divides us from you Republic dogs.

Thundartwothree
02.15.2012 , 05:48 PM | #29
I'm on an Imp. heavy server, we find ourselves outnumbered a great deal of the time on Ilum. We've taken to spliting up into groups of 8, normally 4 groups of 8. And hitting all over the map at the same time, now while we're doing that we're banking on the Imps zerg mentality. So they'll start zerging all over the map, we'll just follow where the attacks from them are happening via the zone wide announcments, and hit them from all sides real quick killing 8-10 of them then running away.

We'll do that for 30-45 mins, rinse and repeat until they think they've gotten wise and start sending out smaller groups of their own at which time we all come together and smash the small groups 1 at a time, and the cycle repeats until they rage quit and leave the zone.
I will reach my field of battle at any means at my disposal, and when I get there I will arrive violently, no one will deny me, no one will defy me.