Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice is crap?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bialaska
02.15.2012 , 05:32 AM | #1
So I hit 50 with my inquisitor, levelling up artifice, archaology and treasure hunting and all hit 400. While it lacked the omg-factor of being able to craft medpacs, I always had a blue hilt to put into my own and my pets lightsabers/vibroswords.

And then I hit level 50. All the end game gear is better than the hilts and enhancements I can craft myself. I get a few relics to craft. But the lightsabers that I can craft are crap compared to the Champion/Columi Lightsabers.

All in all I now sit with the feeling that I just wasted hundreds of thousands of credits on levelling a useless craft.

So please fix this Bioware, please, make Artifice useful in end game, either to make the rank 25 hilts/enhancements (similar to those in Columi/Artifice) or somehow give us some other boosts, please.

Balth_azare
02.15.2012 , 05:45 AM | #2
I have 400 Art/Arch/TH on my Jedi, and I don't think I made a mistake keeping it this long after hitting 50.

There is only one tank enhancement from dailies, and it's not the preferred choice for all of the tank classes. So there is a market for crafting the other ones for your guild. And the crafted Relics are definitely worth it, I haven't gotten one to crit yet, but unless you have drops from the HM/NM Ops coming out your ears, they are comparable to those you can get (not to mention critting gives you an augment slot).

There is no reason I can see to drop this class skill, it's a money maker (both in the crafted items and selling any extra mats on the GTN).

Niddhog
02.15.2012 , 05:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Balth_azare View Post
I have 400 Art/Arch/TH on my Jedi, and I don't think I made a mistake keeping it this long after hitting 50.

There is only one tank enhancement from dailies, and it's not the preferred choice for all of the tank classes. So there is a market for crafting the other ones for your guild. And the crafted Relics are definitely worth it, I haven't gotten one to crit yet, but unless you have drops from the HM/NM Ops coming out your ears, they are comparable to those you can get (not to mention critting gives you an augment slot).

There is no reason I can see to drop this class skill, it's a money maker (both in the crafted items and selling any extra mats on the GTN).
What you fail to realize is that after you crit craft, you can drop artifice and level synthweaving. Crit craft your BoP synthweaving belt/bracers then drop it. End on biochem for their BoP stims/adrenals and the money you save/quality of life benefit of reusables.

THAT is the real issue (credits are also a joke). All BoP craft items should require 400 in their respective crew skill to use.

Deathnasty
02.15.2012 , 05:55 AM | #4
Augmented lightsabers what can be more ownage on the game than that? and as of next month you can take your hilt out of your dirty rakata saber and use one of mine with a augment slot. for the super cheap cost of 5 million each

hamsterboom
02.15.2012 , 06:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddhog View Post
What you fail to realize is that after you crit craft, you can drop artifice and level synthweaving. Crit craft your BoP synthweaving belt/bracers then drop it. End on biochem for their BoP stims/adrenals and the money you save/quality of life benefit of reusables.

THAT is the real issue (credits are also a joke). All BoP craft items should require 400 in their respective crew skill to use.
true that is .. crafting in the game is short coming and more thought is put into make a cup of tea imo
Millacano - Sith Sorcerer
Picked a USA server as EU populations are bassicly dead.

Antiqua
02.15.2012 , 06:13 AM | #6
Dont' worry, Biochem packs will become BoE. But you will need money to buy them, so you could take care of it with your skills. There's a plenty of guides here, or you could just research your own server's market

General direction: try not to sell your raw mats but rather find the way to craft it into something useful

While dailies can provide pretty income too, crafting is also an optional way to earn money (and help your leveling friends if any). Dropping for Biochem would probably close this option, since Biochem crafters cry here for no demand. This could change after BoE-packs patch
People who opt out of profession for next top-skill end-game bonus risk loosing it over one night when it gets patched to require said profession to use

AsheraII
02.15.2012 , 07:15 AM | #7
You've got the most accessible source of raid-worthy offhands WITH augment slots for Inquisitors and Consulars, half the Bounty Hunters and all Troopers, Juggernauts and Guardians. Basically, 9 out of 16 Advanced Classes. And you're ditching it?

Even if I bought all the mats on the GTN I could make a profit out of those. But, with just a small investment and some smart arrangements in guild, Artificing can make you a crucial member for your guild to gear up the fresh 50's.

The best part of Artificing isn't the lightsabers or the modifications. It's the often forgotten off-hands.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Deathnasty
02.15.2012 , 08:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
You've got the most accessible source of raid-worthy offhands WITH augment slots for Inquisitors and Consulars, half the Bounty Hunters and all Troopers, Juggernauts and Guardians. Basically, 9 out of 16 Advanced Classes. And you're ditching it?

Even if I bought all the mats on the GTN I could make a profit out of those. But, with just a small investment and some smart arrangements in guild, Artificing can make you a crucial member for your guild to gear up the fresh 50's.

The best part of Artificing isn't the lightsabers or the modifications. It's the often forgotten off-hands.
apart from the only off hands that people want are for shadow tanks and they don't exist yet due to a known bug

spacefiddle
02.15.2012 , 04:33 PM | #9
TL;DR: Bioware severely underestimated the number of people who enjoy crafting and/or the endgame utility that crafting provides in other games.

The level 45 offhand has crit and surge. The level 48 offhand has crit and.... alacrity. There are more variations at lower levels, but the level 48 craft from the trainer is crap. Also, it's level 48, and so i'm guessing it's just filler until you get an op drop.

Even if you purple crit it, there's that alacrity taking up space where a useful stat can be.

I got a blue of the level 45, which I've been using while leveling 45 - 50, which is +82 crit and +21 surge, with an aug slot. (Side note - i RE'd these things for 3 days, no purple proc, not sure if it's broken or my RNG sucks).

Conceivably, with a well-itemized Level 48 purple crit, it would stand up to endgame gear for a little while unless or until I got the same stats I wanted in a higher-level item. But even that doesn't seem to be an option, so it's useless and will never be used.

It's clear there was no thought put into what people were supposed to be doing with these crafts at endgame; or rather, I feel like there was an assumption we'd all happily "graduate" to raidgear and not care about having these unused useless skills around.
<lightsaber />

nickCAV
02.15.2012 , 04:38 PM | #10
Artifice needs more schematic drops. The poin only ones I've heard of are the magenta crystals