Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin needs a big nerf soon.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin needs a big nerf soon.

bahugboto
02.14.2012 , 09:46 PM | #1
Kinetic ward spammable every 12 sec with 8 wards unlikely to be struck off in normal pvp situations. one of the highest force mitigation of any class. 3 additional proc defensive abilities including a permanent heal ability.

Not only that, their spamming of telekinetic throws/Lightnings have the ability to heal themselves, and slowing down their foes, adding to insane survivability along with massive dps and with Harnessed shadow up, it cannot be interrupted(another overpowered feature to a completely overpowered ability). They can stealth when needed, and can sprint when needed and kite when needed adding to survivability and an element of surprise. Jedi Shadows seems to be totally imbalanced, especially in PVP and I invite anyone of you who denies this to offer up a good counter to my arguments. Anyone who agrees please chime in as well. Jedi Shadow has too many useful utilities for PVP including with PULL, they have just about everything to counter everything on top of being the best pure tank in the game and second best self healer after healer classes, at least where PVP is concerned. Something seems to be horribly off with this picture.

A Jedi Shadow being able to out-tank, outrun, out stealth, out dps, out kite and able to out CCs and out self heals, on an above average level in the game. There's just seem to be no buffs that could bring any classes on par with a Shadow specced for PVP without breaking the game mechanics so the only option out it seems is to nerf Shadows -

A class that will be able to consistently get 300K+ dmg, and 100K+ healing in warzone matches along with being able to sprint stealth, pull, and tank like a madman, and score 55-0 in kills ratio very often, something is very very wrong with the balance here- guys - discuss with civility, any blatant fanboyism post or trolling, or off topic post will be reported.

For more reference of how overpowered a Shadow/Assassin could be in PVP, please visit this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=336999

spacerobot
02.14.2012 , 09:49 PM | #2
I'm a shadow and I suck at PvP. I must be doing something wrong. Please don't nerf me.

Aelaias
02.14.2012 , 09:51 PM | #3
Shadows are vastly superior to guardians but that doesn't mean they are overpowered. Guardians need plenty of help. Shadows are fine where they are.

bahugboto
02.14.2012 , 09:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
Shadows are vastly superior to guardians but that doesn't mean they are overpowered. Guardians need plenty of help. Shadows are fine where they are.
second best consistent Dps, Best and easily executable nukes(hard to miss), best tanks and on top of that, being able to stealth and run, i think it's overpowered, and yes Guardians are severely underpowered and about the most useless and one dimensional class in Pvp.

Skodan
02.14.2012 , 09:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by spacerobot View Post
I'm a ---- and I suck at ----. I must be doing something wrong. Please don't nerf me.
you can replace shadow and pvp with anything, whatever class someone is they always feel inferior to others when they get beat

im a bounty hunter and i feel weak at ...
im a sith warrior and i feel weak at ...
im a sith inquisitor and i feel weak at ...
im an imperial agent and i feel weak at ...
im a trooper and i feel weak at ...
im a jedi knight and i feel weak at ...
im a jedi consular and i feel weak at ...
im a smuggler and i feel weak at ...

for me its whatever class i am is too weak, whatever class killed me is too strong
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

bahugboto
02.14.2012 , 10:06 PM | #6
I have two chars one geared in BM, the other in Champion.Centurion working towards BM, and thousands of pvp experience and consistently clocking 9-12 medals(11-14 medals before the frozenshock exploit was fixed) even as a gimped Guardian should i choose to focus on medal hunting, and it's not just me who understood this severe imbalance between classes, it's almost every other top pvp'ers i know acknowledged this, so let's open up some serious discussion here instead.

Vesperr
02.14.2012 , 11:10 PM | #7
And I thought powertechs were the best tanks around, but clearly someone knows better...

p.s. sins OP at pvp? youz trolling bro.
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

Enzid
02.14.2012 , 11:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Space_Gimp View Post
BioWare I keep getting owned at lvl 12 against lvl 49s in warzones. Nerf please and give me my BM gear in a single bag with a golden ribbon on it too. Also I want a pony. A rainbow pony with magical sparkle powers.

This game is unacceptable without magical sparkle ponies. And shave as many ewoks as you can contests.
I read that in Morgan Freeman's voice.

Reveillere
02.15.2012 , 12:20 AM | #9
Atleast be honest and say Tank shadows/assassins, infiltration/deception on the other hand could use a big buff ^.-

The tank tree does better damage than the dps tree so obviously something isn't right lul

Nijraw
02.15.2012 , 01:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bahugboto View Post
They are overpowered in PVP, as well as being the best tank class in PVP by far(absurd) with their avoidance, and highest consistent damage dealers, they can stealth and have the best CCs. Shadows/*** are unbeatable in 1 on 1 duels as well, they can out tank a fully speced tanking guardian and still out dps them by a factor of 2 in PVP. This is a universal complain among most pvp veterans. It's about time that the class system gets a huge re-balancing. Guardians/Jugs are underpowered and not filling the role they are supposed to - as tanks, and anything other than pure focus/rage build is useless in PVP atm, shadow/*** are disgustingly overpowered and need a big nerf, it is inevitable, the sooner it comes the better, this imbalance have gone on for far too long.
I been screaming Buff JKG/SWJ for a long time now, they are lacking bad.
As far as nerfing Shadow/Assassins they are fine IMO they just need to buff Knights up to the level of Shadows & Troopers as far as tanking goes.

I will tell you what the problem is with JKG/SWJ tanks, its that they have NO personal healing, I have a 50 Trooper tank and a 41 Shadow tank and the self healing is what makes us, I think Bioware thought because they wear heavy armor and can leap and all the good stuff that they would be fine but they are not, they are only fine with a healer baby sitting them, but the same goes for the Shadow & Trooper.

A simple buff/fix would be to have Enure not lose the health gained after the effect is gone though the Inner Peace talent in the tanking tree but also increase the cooldown for taking that talent to 2 mins so it matches the Troopers Adernaline Rush cooldown of 2 mins via tanking tree.