Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What exactly is an RP Server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
What exactly is an RP Server?

DGenerateKane
12.14.2011 , 06:57 AM | #11
Alright thanks. I'll probably stick to a normal server since I plan on playing it mostly solo. Yeah yeah I realize it pretty much defeats the purpose of an MMO.

PitchShifta
12.14.2011 , 07:01 AM | #12
They really just sit around and waste time on RP-Servers.
Literally most of them are cyber-**ing or acting like they've never been outside IrL.

Hardin_Steele
12.14.2011 , 07:02 AM | #13
RP servers are really pretty fun. I don't know of any RP servers on any game that gets caught up in thees and thous, or in this case "When 900 years old you are, look as good you will not." But you get the idea. Play your toon, not your self. Have in game discussions and try to stay in character. There are limits of course, but do your best and no one will fault you.

klassen
12.14.2011 , 07:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DGenerateKane View Post
Alright thanks. I'll probably stick to a normal server since I plan on playing it mostly solo. Yeah yeah I realize it pretty much defeats the purpose of an MMO.
You can always RP as one that keeps things to himself, and doesnt interact much with others
in find the Rp servers more friendly than normal servers, all though some of those elitist RPers can be not so fun.

I'm not a big RPer but it's fun too do

Zaeren
12.14.2011 , 07:06 AM | #15
Actual roleplaying is pretty much like acting, giving your character a personality, set of goals, etc. Granted the extent people take it to tends to vary, and yes, there will always be ERP.(As much as there will always be japanese tentacle ****.) Contrary to the increasingly(or perhaps even decreasingly OHO) belief that all roleplayers are sexual deviants, furrys, or stuck up *********s is not entirely correct, though admittedly there are cases in which that is true.

Well, I don't plan on roleplaying on here, myself, but I'll probably pick one of the servers if only that I don't see that many Chuck Norris' variations running around.

Motavi
12.15.2011 , 09:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by PitchShifta View Post
They really just sit around and waste time on RP-Servers.
Literally most of them are cyber-**ing or acting like they've never been outside IrL.
Do not worry yourself with these types of comments.
White-Knighting since Beta.