Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the all the faction ACs full mirrors?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Are the all the faction ACs full mirrors?

Godliness
12.15.2011 , 07:08 AM | #1
Does the Trooper have a jetpack like the BH? Can the Scoundrel get the same long-distance range as the Sniper?

KingMeteor
12.15.2011 , 07:17 AM | #2
There mirrors in mechanics only

So for example, the trooper doesn't have a jetpack but gains the exact same moves with the exact same power, they look different but act the same.

Same with the sniper (and I think you mean) gunslinger. They both have the exact same range, again the moves look different but they're mechanically the same

Hope that helps.
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.'

Captain Rixi

bennyrosso
12.15.2011 , 07:40 AM | #3
There are spell differences, for example jedi sage get a 50% dmg reduction for 15 seconds spell...while sorcerer get a sacrifice the companion to gain 40% hp...more or less.

Rewrench
12.15.2011 , 08:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
There are spell differences, for example jedi sage get a 50% dmg reduction for 15 seconds spell...while sorcerer get a sacrifice the companion to gain 40% hp...more or less.
Those are the companion abilities on 20min cooldown. Thats 1 ability that is different and only that 1!
you also need your companion out to be able to use it.

Crogga
12.15.2011 , 08:43 AM | #5
Interesting post. I played the vanguard during beta and also commando some and then it's mirrors with the BH.
Even though the abilities had the same functionality, they 'felt' different. I guess that's because of what weapons you use, the graphics, sounds, etc.
BW did alot of work in this regard when you think about it. And of course it makes it THAT much more difficult to decide on an AC. /sigh Thanks BW