Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Smugglers must be nerfed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Smugglers must be nerfed
 

chakkar's Avatar


chakkar
02.11.2012 , 02:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Larce_Apollo View Post
I'll give you a better stun if you give me tracer missle.
as a healer I dont have tracer missiles. So your point is moot.
Quote: Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
No, this is the greatest thread of all time for the greatest game of all time.
Merry Christmas<(0_o> Long live the Empire! And, more importantly you Master

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.11.2012 , 02:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Demarcc View Post
Gunslinger and Sniper are mirrors.

Scoundrel and Operative are mirrors.

Hes facepalming, I assume, because you choose one base class of one faction and one of another, rather than saying *Sniper or Ops* or *Scoundrel or Gunslinger*
.
Thank you. You are correct.

Mixing up the mirrors like that is equally confusing to calling them "smugglers"

Demarcc's Avatar


Demarcc
02.11.2012 , 02:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by chakkar View Post
as a healer I dont have tracer missiles. So your point is moot.
I'll take your Shield and KB for my dodge and Vanish ... in a heartbeat. (Sawbones here)

chakkar's Avatar


chakkar
02.11.2012 , 02:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Demarcc View Post
Gunslinger and Sniper are mirrors.

Scoundrel and Operative are mirrors.

Hes facepalming, I assume, because you choose one base class of one faction and one of another, rather than saying *Sniper or Ops* or *Scoundrel or Gunslinger*

Either way it would be more accurate to ask the OP what spec of smuggler he's having issues with. Gunslinger, Scrapper/DF and Sawbones are all very different.

From his rage I going with scrapper, which as a BH with a KB and shield he really should'ent have too many issues with unless everything he has is on CD.
Powertechs use shields, not mercs. as I said, I am a healer, which is the bodyguard tree in the mercenary advanced class.
Quote: Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
No, this is the greatest thread of all time for the greatest game of all time.
Merry Christmas<(0_o> Long live the Empire! And, more importantly you Master

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.11.2012 , 02:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by chakkar View Post
Powertechs use shields, not mercs. as I said, I am a healer, which is the bodyguard tree in the mercenary advanced class.
You have a shielding cooldown that prevents 25% of damage taken, and as a healer, prevents you from being interrupted for its entire duration.

This cooldown is baseline for all bounty hunters, regardless of advanced class.

He's not talking about the shield offhand.

Zarthorn's Avatar


Zarthorn
02.11.2012 , 02:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by chakkar View Post
If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?
Oh im sorry, I wasn't aware a knockdown, a stun a root/snare and an aoe mezz that breaks on damage was too much CC....I guess you must be one of those Hybrid Sorcs with an AoE knockback/root an insta-cast ranged stun, a consta-slow that deals damage, a single target mezz that can be used in combat and an extra CC breaker tied to your force speed all while being able to heal, shield and do a fair bit of damage.

If we really want to talk about classes with a lack of CC, lets looks at Sents/Maras who get hardly any.

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.11.2012 , 02:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarthorn View Post
Oh im sorry, I wasn't aware a knockdown, a stun a root/snare and an aoe mezz that breaks on damage was too much CC....I guess you must be one of those Hybrid Sorcs with an AoE knockback/root an insta-cast ranged stun, a consta-slow that deals damage, a single target mezz that can be used in combat and an extra CC breaker tied to your force speed all while being able to heal, shield and do a fair bit of damage.

If we really want to talk about classes with a lack of CC, lets looks at Sents/Maras who get hardly any.
Hybrid sorcs don't get permaslow. That's the 31-point talent for Madness/Balance and taking it denies them the shield aoe break and the knockback roots and the reduced cooldown on Force Speed.

Anthiel's Avatar


Anthiel
02.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ZDProletariat View Post
Are you trying to imply that the gunslinger and the operative are the same class? Because if so, I hope that facepalm is meant for yourself.
Gunslinger and smuggler are the same class as are snipers and operatives the diff is empire or pube hence the facepalm.

Howbadisbad's Avatar


Howbadisbad
02.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
Hybrid sorcs don't get permaslow. That's the 31-point talent for Madness/Balance and taking it denies them the shield aoe break and the knockback roots and the reduced cooldown on Force Speed.
Constantly casting lightning is a permaslow...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbie View Post
If one class can perform better than other classes in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.
You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.

Demarcc's Avatar


Demarcc
02.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
You have a shielding cooldown that prevents 25% of damage taken, and as a healer, prevents you from being interrupted for its entire duration.

This cooldown is baseline for all bounty hunters, regardless of advanced class.

He's not talking about the shield offhand.
^^^



You have a SHIELD and a KB (knockback) If your not using them more fool you.