Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are there resource nodes on Tython?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Are there resource nodes on Tython?

JalSireyl
12.15.2011 , 05:49 AM | #1
According to a guide I found while googling, there are. But if there are, they're well hidden. Might anyone know whether I can find resources (in this case, for archaeology) on Tython?

Xantuss
12.15.2011 , 05:59 AM | #2
no, resource nodes aren't on any starting planet, mainly because you can't get a gathering skills on them. You get them later on fleet.

Estei
12.15.2011 , 06:17 AM | #3
Don't know about nodes, but there should be harvestable creatures and possibly droids. (strong and up I think)

I went to fleet right away from Ord Mantell and got scavenging. There are a bunch of droids on an island there that can be scavenged.

Cheers
Estei Finai
The Sanctuary
Republic Trooper

JalSireyl
12.15.2011 , 06:53 AM | #4
OK, thanks. The guide I saw was probably based on very old beta information.

Lasarith
12.15.2011 , 07:02 AM | #5
No, But if you can Somehow get to fleet (space station) you can get crew skills at level 1 -Sliceing) and be level 4 if you click all the crew trainers (so i hear)
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

Lheim
12.15.2011 , 07:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasarith View Post
No, But if you can Somehow get to fleet (space station) you can get crew skills at level 1 -Sliceing) and be level 4 if you click all the crew trainers (so i hear)
You sure can - but click your intended professions first. Without a companion, you can't even open up the crew skill window, and so - if you pick up the wrong one, boof, you can't drop it.
Endgame gear grinds are not the way.

TheGhostOne
12.15.2011 , 07:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lheim View Post
You sure can - but click your intended professions first. Without a companion, you can't even open up the crew skill window, and so - if you pick up the wrong one, boof, you can't drop it.
I thought this has been fixed. I think right now you have to complete a certain quest chain to be able to use the ship?

Someone who played on Live Launch can confirm this?

Estei
12.15.2011 , 07:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGhostOne View Post
I thought this has been fixed. I think right now you have to complete a certain quest chain to be able to use the ship?

Someone who played on Live Launch can confirm this?
Then they fixed it since start, cause the moment I got to fort ?arnik I went to the spaceport and shipped my Trooper *** to Fleet.
Estei Finai
The Sanctuary
Republic Trooper

TheGhostOne
12.15.2011 , 07:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Estei View Post
Then they fixed it since start, cause the moment I got to fort ?arnik I went to the spaceport and shipped my Trooper *** to Fleet.
Cool then, I hope we can still do that, Bioanalysis would be useful while levelling on Tython!