Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum = Tarren Mill

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ilum = Tarren Mill

SoulstitchMMO
02.09.2012 , 10:28 AM | #1
That's all ilum is.

There is no hunting, there is no objectives, there is no point. You go, you kill from one base to the other pushing or falling back to your guards.

The objectives are pointless and indefensible. When you take a base you can't defend it, you just end up getting pushed or pushing to or from one base or the other.

Ad nauseum.

I know that Gabe Amatangelo is new to game development and has had no previous pvp development experience, but you would have thought that after 17 years of gaming experience he would have at least understood that when you make a world pvp objective based game, you need to have defensible positions.

Even adding a couple turrets per objective would help out a bit. It's like no one on the entire bioaware staff ever played AV... ever.

SoulstitchMMO
02.09.2012 , 10:58 AM | #2
Has Bioware even heard of a choke point?

Lividcalm
02.09.2012 , 11:02 AM | #3
I don't know if comparing it to TM/SS is a bad thing. I had a lot of fun in the Tarrren Mill / South Shore days, a lot of people did actually.
Elryck - HAKD

Port Nowhere

SoulstitchMMO
02.09.2012 , 11:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lividcalm View Post
I don't know if comparing it to TM/SS is a bad thing. I had a lot of fun in the Tarrren Mill / South Shore days, a lot of people did actually.
Are you having fun on Ilum?

Scarfo
02.09.2012 , 11:27 AM | #5
Good suggestion, but I see nothing in posting this, for me it sounds like: Wah wah wah.

Taren
02.09.2012 , 11:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
Are you having fun on Ilum?
No.

And back in the day I led many many raids on Tarren Mills. The battles would last for hours sometimes and even though there were no world PvP objectives and no possible way to take actual control of the town...it was STILL more fun then Ilum.

SoulstitchMMO
02.09.2012 , 01:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Taren View Post
No.

And back in the day I led many many raids on Tarren Mills. The battles would last for hours sometimes and even though there were no world PvP objectives and no possible way to take actual control of the town...it was STILL more fun then Ilum.
Then why did people have fun in Tarren Mill, but not on Ilum when they are essentially the same thing?

Razuko
02.09.2012 , 01:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulstitchMMO View Post
Then why did people have fun in Tarren Mill, but not on Ilum when they are essentially the same thing?
Because the sheeple have been trained into thinking that there must be rewards for everything they do to justify their time. Tarren Mill was awesome in vanilla because you were just there to kill the other side for no reasons other than it was fun and they were the enemy. No one can enjoy pvp for what it is anymore, they all treat it as a grind/progression, a means to an end.
Die Republic Scum! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!