Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

DarthSublimitas
02.06.2012 , 01:59 PM | #1
So who do you think was probably the greatest force user of all time? Can be dark or light - notice, i said greatest force user.

For me, perhaps Master Thon - he did, afterall, subdue an entire of planet of darkside energy and imprison it into lake Natth.
"The Truth Shall Free Me"
And humour makes our lives worth living:
http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/th...ode-iii-and-v/ Why it's bad to plagiarize:http://auditorydepredation.files.wor...6231905169.jpg

mikegoist
02.06.2012 , 02:01 PM | #2
Definately Darth Sidious and i bet most of players will agree with me.. He was super talanted force user. Sometimes u get feeling he had unlimted force on disposal...

Like he is Dark side actually...

Along with that when u combine saber skills, force powers , cunning and agression he was most feared and powerfull being in galaxy ever. - at least from my point of view
Perhaps i can find new ways to motivate them?

undeadsithdread
02.06.2012 , 02:12 PM | #3
Sidious is most powerful sith and luke:

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course [that the Rebel Alliance would be troublesome]; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.” (Death Star, page 76)

“Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.” (Vader: the Ultimate Guide, page 19)

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

”Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.”-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

"The Sith Order, in hiding for a millennium, had awaited the birth of one who was powerful enough to return the Order to prominence. Darth Sidious was the fulfillment of that prophecy, capable of exacting the Sith's revenge on the Jedi for having nearly eradicated the practitioners of the dark side of the Force." -- the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

"Only Palpatine has been able to spread his darkness completely and totally over an entire galaxy. What has proven to be the lasting genius of Palpatine as Emperor is his devotion to collecting all the knowledge of the Dark Side that he can, as well as what Light Side information he can corrupt and preserve. He is no more altruistic than any other, but his newfound immortality has given him the patience that all before him have lacked."
Sith assassin Forever!

pangwl
02.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #4
George Lucas of course
Arradan | Jedi Sentinel | Republic Centurion

DarylMusashi
02.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #5
Sidious was basically the devil incarnate in the flesh of the SW universe.

Apatheistic
02.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #6
Darth Bane, he's like the godfather of the sith teaching. Rule of Two.

Chuckskyline
02.06.2012 , 02:20 PM | #7
The Emperor had visions that Luke would destroy him.

EP 5. Vader says it.

undeadsithdread
02.06.2012 , 02:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Apatheistic View Post
Darth Bane, he's like the godfather of the sith teaching. Rule of Two.
not really the rule of two itself predates bane.

exar kun anyone?

Revan?
Sith assassin Forever!

undeadsithdread
02.06.2012 , 02:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chuckskyline View Post
The Emperor had visions that Luke would destroy him.

EP 5. Vader says it.
he was lying also did not even destroyed sidious vader did.
Sith assassin Forever!

Chuckskyline
02.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
he was lying also did not even destroyed sidious vader did.
Highly doubt it.

Vader wanted Luke to join him.. to uh.. defeat the Emperor? So they could rule the galaxy as father and son?

No?

Not to mention Luke survived the emperor's force lighting for quite a long time.. considering mace flew out the window in like 3 seconds.