Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

Turbosith
02.02.2012 , 03:17 AM | #11
Its funny you know. You have 2 perks from biochem.

1. You have the best possible stims
2. They are reusable.

Bioware is taking 1 of them away to bring them inline with the others. Artifice have rakata relics that u can chuck an augment slot in, Synthweavers and Armourmech can craft rakata belts and bracers with augment slots.

The thing which makes the other crafting professions so attractive, is you can get these rakata items from a HM flashpoint. You dont have to do a HM Operation and hope that your class' belt / bracers drop and that you get it.

However once you are doing all the HM every week, their perk gets less attractive, because all you get is an augment slot. Once you get gear from raids etc, the only thing you're really spending money on is consumables.

Biochem had it too good for too long, and now that its getting balanced you're having a cry about it.

I lol'd

DarthWIN
02.02.2012 , 03:20 AM | #12
I love this post, more qq please, bioware devs work for tears.
Darth Santos~Corruption Sorc~Space Slug
Sith'ari Bloodline~Recruitment Application

carnageftw
02.02.2012 , 03:24 AM | #13
just got biochem to 400 yesterday after i dropped cybertech ;(

still best crew skill by far atm

Sharee
02.02.2012 , 03:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirialol View Post
i demand refund on money and time it too to level biochem and the alloys, so i can level another profession
So, if rakata stims had the 1.1.2 stats right from the game launch, you would NOT have chosen biochem for your profession?

Alwaysx
02.02.2012 , 03:37 AM | #15
Here's a summary of [Crafting] Crew Skills for Patch 1.1.2. This is with respect to gameplay and is not concerned with the profitability of the professions.

Synthweaving/Armormech: Crit'd Rakata Wrist & Belt. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

Artifice/Armstech: Crit'd Relic. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

Biochem: Useless. Only benefit is reusability of consumables.

Cybertech: Contains the only unique, profession-locked item (grenades).

Enurian
02.02.2012 , 03:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Turbosith View Post
Its funny you know. You have 2 perks from biochem.

1. You have the best possible stims
2. They are reusable.

Bioware is taking 1 of them away to bring them inline with the others. Artifice have rakata relics that u can chuck an augment slot in, Synthweavers and Armourmech can craft rakata belts and bracers with augment slots.
No. They are taking both. Reusable stims are crap now and you have to use single-use ones for min-maxing. Those single-use ones are now tradable. So no advantage except of no cost at farm content.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alwaysx View Post
Artifice/Armstech: Crit'd Relic. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.
No, armstech has nothing as far as I know. I unlearned this profession because you have no epic recipes, no bind-on-pickup items, just NOTHING.

Kanana
02.02.2012 , 04:05 AM | #17
Biotech crying? Seriously? Now I have seen everything.

Drebble
02.02.2012 , 04:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirialol View Post
not to mention biochem is one of worst professions to make money with.
You and me use a medpack (that costs X credits on the GTN for me, and is reusable for you).

Me:
* have to replace it for X credits, hesitate to use it unless Im sure I need it

You:
* does NOT have to replace it for X credits, can spam it whenever off cooldown
* can sell me a medpack for X credits.

After having used N medpacks, the difference between you and me is that I am -N*X credits lost, and you have at least N*X credits saved, plus N*X credits earned.

So the net difference between you and me is at least 3*N*X credits. That is the amount of credits that you can spend on gear and mods that I cannot. Thus you have "made" that much money off your profession.

Alwaysx
02.02.2012 , 04:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Enurian View Post
No. They are taking both. Reusable stims are crap now and you have to use single-use ones for min-maxing. Those single-use ones are now tradable. So no advantage except of no cost at farm content.

No, armstech has nothing as far as I know. I unlearned this profession because you have no epic recipes, no bind-on-pickup items, just NOTHING.
You're right, I accidentally grouped Artifice and Armstech together thinking they worked hand-in-hand like Armormech and Synthweaving. But yes. Armstech < Biochem < Artifice < S/A < Cybertech at the moment.

Lyandria
02.02.2012 , 05:14 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alwaysx View Post
You're right, I accidentally grouped Artifice and Armstech together thinking they worked hand-in-hand like Armormech and Synthweaving. But yes. Armstech < Biochem < Artifice < S/A < Cybertech at the moment.
actually i disagree a bit

Armstech - true - useless
Biochem - even after the Nerf still the best crewskill around - if your an PVE endgame player (The dropped Biochem Recipies are now worth something!) - for PvP depends on your cash stockpile but still useful.
Artifice - apart from Augment Relics not that usefull atm (make and relearn)
S/A- same as artifice
Cybertech - ok but not that good after the grenade nerf.

as far as the Biochem nerf goes in general:

imo the only way to go - was just unreasobale before, seeing as the dropped Raid-Recipies were worse than vendor bought ones...