Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Reverse Engineering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Reverse Engineering

tloris
02.01.2012 , 12:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vrock View Post
just replying so i can subscribe to the thread....wish there was a better way to do this...
+2.71828183

GeekGrrly
02.01.2012 , 12:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tloris View Post
+2.71828183
3.141592653589793?

Sengar
02.01.2012 , 02:50 PM | #13
I've got a Tionese Supercommando's Module (earring) that dropped last night in a 16 man op. Can this be reverse engineered to gain a Tier 1 or 2 prefix? I know it's possible to crit and gain an augment slot.

If not, I see no point in these earrings. Each schematic is bind on pickup, and makes a bind on pickup ear...with stats far worse than a tier 2 crafted earring (61 aim, 95 endurance, 37 accuracy, 28 defense).

Zeel_Aldair
02.01.2012 , 03:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GeekGrrly View Post
3.141592653589793?
+1.6180339887 for great re-subscription!

rivnen
02.01.2012 , 03:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jojocalypso View Post
Just to repost a previous question which didn't get answered.. Is it possible to remove an enhancement from a purchased PvP reward item, say a lightsaber, then try to RE it for the schematic? The enhancement in question is "Triumphant Enhancement 20"

Previous wisdom says the answer is NO because one cannot craft that enhancement normally, but the enhancement has all the qualities of falling in a linear pattern (it's blue, numbered, and has stats very competitive to similar trainer taught enhancements). Seeing as how I'm not level 50, it's likely the schematic is a world drop that I just haven't encountered yet, but I'd be curious to know if it's possible to make this.
No.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sengar View Post
I've got a Tionese Supercommando's Module (earring) that dropped last night in a 16 man op. Can this be reverse engineered to gain a Tier 1 or 2 prefix? I know it's possible to crit and gain an augment slot.

If not, I see no point in these earrings. Each schematic is bind on pickup, and makes a bind on pickup ear...with stats far worse than a tier 2 crafted earring (61 aim, 95 endurance, 37 accuracy, 28 defense).
No.

Rutrict
02.01.2012 , 04:23 PM | #16
Thanks for this. I found it incredibly useful.
[Assassins of Sion] - 50 Sith Juggernaut - Xodric - Lament Configuration
SWtOR: CE Pre-Order

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
No, it's just an opinion. People disagreeing with someone's opinion is not flaming nor is it trolling. It's called discussion.

Sorinth
02.01.2012 , 07:45 PM | #17
Just an update on the Reverse Engineering progress of the Redoubt Hyperaccelerated Shield Generator:

I've Reverse Engineered 160 of these shields since I began counting and I have acquired two new prefixes. I got General's before I started counting; afterwards I learned Exactitude and Anti-Armor.

So in total, I have 2 learns out of those 160, and 6 "already learned" messages. I am very evenly averaging 1 T2 learn attempt per 20 shields, or a 5% learn rate. If this information holds true for other crafts, you can estimate approximately 100 crafts to get your desired T2 prefix for Critical/Power and 80 crafts to get your desired T2 prefix for Defense.

donmoocao
02.02.2012 , 12:59 AM | #18
New PTR Notes are up. Things of interest are:

-Orange armor being able to crit
-Removable armoring/barrel/hilt off Artifact items
-Schematics that craft BoE items
-Better RE chance
-Removed Biochem requirement off Energized and Exotech stims/adrenals

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260731

Ostguden
02.02.2012 , 01:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by donmoocao View Post
New PTR Notes are up. Things of interest are:

-Orange armor being able to crit
-Removable armoring/barrel/hilt off Artifact items
-Schematics that craft BoE items
-Better RE chance
-Removed Biochem requirement off Energized and Exotech stims/adrenals

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260731
Good stuff!

Making custom armor critable will make these items valuable for other qualities than appearance. That's great.

Level 50 BoE craftables brings much more profitability to crafting overall.

Better RE chance. Cool, I guess. On the one hand it will cause crafted t2 aftifact items depreciate in value and rarity, and the countless millions of credits we've all wasted will be for nothing if the same result now can be achieved for a fraction of the cost. On the other hand it will save us countless millions more for every new schematic, not to mention the time and frustration. I just hope they haven't made it too easy to achieve perfection.

Removing the Biochem requirement for stims and adrenals was a stroke of genius, giving Biochemists a nice new revenue stream and eliminating the need for every raid character to drop their other crafting skill in favor of Biochem.

All in all a much deserved boon for crafters and the game economy.

Also, thanks Sleign and everyone else who has contributed information to the first post. It's been a great help in wrapping my head around the crafting system of this game. Special thanks to LoneStranger for the flowchart.

Synavix
02.02.2012 , 02:39 AM | #20
Just curious as to whether there was anything new stated regarding learning prefixes for vibroknives and/or shotguns; whether it really is a bug, if its getting fixed/changed, or if it's "working as intended".

Great topic, I hope you keep it up to date as more changes roll in.