Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about

what he does/wants to do to Moff Broysc, then yes by real life standards that would be considered terrible, but considering you are in the Star Wars universe and you slaughter people left and right on a daily basis (even for no rational reason if you're so inclined), I don't see why that is a big deal.

o.o That's definitely not what she's talking about. I'm impressed that at 49 you haven't gotten to the thing she's actually talking about yet, you must be taking your time in your class missions, I think it's pretty cool. :)

I've moved on to playing my female smuggler and my problem with Corso, (other than how unattractive I find his avatar to be) is that I consistently lose affection with him during conversations. I'm playing the smuggler class how it was written, a little selfish and a lot wiseass. The only way to gain affection with this dude, other than presents is to be a perfectly behaved little angel, and who the heck wants to play the smuggler that way?

Other than that I don't mind Corso. I like his voice and I'm not bothered by his chauvinism, or chivalry, however you look at it.

while I think it was nicely done, the one thing I would do on my next character is NOT feed them massive amounts of gifts, only a reasonable amount. Getting spammed with 5 or more relationship convos at one time didn't make it seem as good as it could've been.

I have come to this conclusion as well.

Is it possible to stop a relationship once its started? I got chummy with Iresso but cooled to him. Hes boring :p

I believe Corso can trigger some breakup quests if you have affairs after marrying him. Not 100% sure if any will trigger if the character dips too dark or affection falls.

Only played through Male JK so far.

I'm in the minority it seems. I went through all the romancing stuff with Kira. I found it way too forced. It also didn't help that all her dialogue was written as though it were directed at a 12 year old boy (or maybe I have reached that awkward moment where I realize that I'm getting too old for RPGs). The dialogue for one particular moment made me laugh for quite a while. I'm hoping the other ones are better. Next pass through JK I'm keeping Kira on the ship. /emulates-yoda-voice "Funny, she is not".

Got a Consular in progress, but that companion is a long ways away. :-/

You can giver her gifts, ya know :p

I do find the Kira/Nadia romance arcs a bit creepy. They're both your padawan and come off as being 12, especially Nadia!

No. Creepy is DS Jaesa romance: she's your apprentice and you helped to twist her into a scary piece of sh*t.

^^^Its even worse if you've already played a lightside SW through, then do that.

My favourites are Torian and Quinn but Vector is making me intrigued considering what people say about him here. Though he still gives off a creepy bug man vibe, hopefully it's not like that at all.

However, my BH is male so I haven't been able to do anything with Torian and at the moment I don't want to progress his storyline until the Same Gender Romance options arrive, if they ever do, because...

If you don't persue a relationship with Mako, she and Torian hook up. Why BH, why? :(

I'm not much interested in any of the other options, so at the moment I feel a bit cheated consdering my situation with Torian and what happens with Quinn. (one of the few good looking options for female players and THAT happens? :( ) With Quinn, I feel like how I did when I first watched the SW prequels. It's hard to see how characters can change considering how they act at the beginning... i.e Anakin didn't even seem evil and Quinn seems totally sweet and into you, so how his story plays out is confusing to me.

Hopefully BW will add more to his story to either patch things up so it feels like a marriage again and even a genuine romance like was like when you first meet him or be able to end it for good, not leave an estranged soldier lurking around the ship...

Oh well, we'll have to see.

Edited by AelixVII

Even though you only see her like 5 time in Nem'ro's palace and only for the b-hunter, my Zabrak Merc's personal story line (the one that I made not the one that the game did) fits perfectly with Nem'ro's Twi'lek accountant Juda. She is quiet, but she is flirty if you show your interest, which my Merc love in a woman, and my Merc has a thing for Twi'leks too :p. So naturally I was hoping that my merc could have married her or let her join my group or what ever, but now I will never be able to talk to her again :(... maybe Ill write my own personal story about what happens after he hangs up his jet pack, blasters, and rockets to settle down with someone. IDK, its just she fit his "perfect woman" description exactly and I couldn't do anything about it other then flirt with her like twice :(

I've only done the Vette romance on my warrior by feeding her tons and tons of gifts and using her exclusively until acquiring my apprentice... while I think it was nicely done, the one thing I would do on my next character is NOT feed them massive amounts of gifts, only a reasonable amount. Getting spammed with 5 or more relationship convos at one time didn't make it seem as good as it could've been.

Looking forward to Torian, Kira, Mako, and... whatever it is that happens as a female Warrior. Accidentally came across half-a-spoiler, so I'm super-curious about that whole big thing.

I'm not even sure my Sith is romancing Vette. She's so ankward. Im at chapter 2 with almost 6000 affection and no kissy kissy. Weird.

I'm a cheater and have checked quite a few of the romance options out on Youtube just to see what interested me. So far it's...well, Corso. ~8000 affection but I'm only at level 38 so I'm waiting to do his most recent quest (which is like level 45, oops) before I continue. However, so far it's too cute. I wouldn't mind if the random semi-southern accent either disappeared or stayed, rather than disappearing for a while then showing up out of nowhere.

I'm trying the Andronikos romance on my inquisitor, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not far into it, but so far it's been "Chat chat chat, hey are you busy? -sex-" How...cute.

I wanted to try the Lieutenant romance on my consular but female consulars are SO monotonous, I just can't do it. And such awkward flirting, eek!

Other than that, I can honestly say none of them really interested me. :c Which is disappointing.

o.o That's definitely not what she's talking about. I'm impressed that at 49 you haven't gotten to the thing she's actually talking about yet, you must be taking your time in your class missions, I think it's pretty cool. :)

I finished all the class story. I still don't see how that makes him any more of a psychopath than the Sith Warrior or most other people on your squad.

What about when the Sith Warrior can

heartlessly cut down his/her own master in the Prologue (who thinks of you as his own child and has done all these favors for you to get you where you are), accompanied by the line, "I've been waiting for this moment"? Not to mention this was just because you were ordered to by a higher-up.

In the real world, yes they'd all be psychopaths and dangers to society, because it's not acceptable to go around murdering no matter one's justification.

I just don't see how he in particular stands out as a "psychopathic killer" in the SW universe. I'm sad about what he does, but I don't think he's motivated by psychopathy. More like original loyalty. But I guess it's up to individual interpretation.

Edited by Tamyn

I am wondering if I messed up the option with Corso somewhere. I've always flirted with him when possible, but the last time was at like lvl 14. I am lvl 35, have my affection at 6300, and I am part of the way into chapter 2 (on Balmorra currently). We have done the mule quest, and the quest to save his little twi'lek friend, but he has not offered me Sparkles, nor spoken of any romance, the only convo's we have had are the same ones he has with men so far. If I missed the convo option to start a romance, I'd rather know now so I can restart, I doubt I'll have the patience to do it 10, or even 5 lvls from now. I know some companions have a single make it or break it romance line that is obscure, does anyone know Corso's?

Other than that I like Torian the best now, but too many of them annoy with the 'did I miss it, because of THAT?!?' problem.

I finished all the class story. I still don't see how that makes him any more of a psychopath than the Sith Warrior or most other people on your squad.

What about when the Sith Warrior can

heartlessly cut down his/her own master in the Prologue (who thinks of you as his own child and has done all these favors for you to get you where you are), accompanied by the line, "I've been waiting for this moment"? Not to mention this was just because you were ordered to by a higher-up.

In the real world, yes they'd all be psychopaths and dangers to society, because it's not acceptable to go around murdering no matter one's justification.

I just don't see how he in particular stands out as a "psychopathic killer" in the SW universe. I'm sad about what he does, but I don't think he's motivated by psychopathy. More like original loyalty. But I guess it's up to individual interpretation.

Well maybe you're just putting too much importance on the "psychopath" word. However you say it, and whether it's Star Wars or the real world, what he does is pretty bad, particularly when you've already married him. It makes you wonder whether he was ever sincere about anything.

Finally getting Risha to cave in and marry me felt like such an epic moment, particularly when it lead to the most hilarious dialogue I've ever heard in their wedding vows. I particularly liked the following:

"It's about time! Do you have ANY idea how many beautiful women I turned down for you?

If Bioware ever lets me go to Dubrillion and lead a planetary revolt to install my wife as queen, I'm doing that in a heartbeat. Even if it forces me to retire my character.

Although if Viverone Zare/Darth Alluress ever wanted a favor from me, I'd do it <.<

I've only just finished Tattooine with my JK, but I'm liking where the Kira romance is so far. She's cute and funny, and I like the way my JK occasionally has to put the brakes on her enthusiasm. Um, no Kira, the Jedi shouldn't run the Republic. Plus, her voice is sexy.

I played a female SW to 50, and I sort of stumbled into the Quinn romance. I didn't really like him at all until I got Pierce- it was actually Pierce ************ about Quinn that made me warm up to Quinn. Regardless, no matter how many times I tried to tell Quinn that we weren't dating, he persisted in acting like we were. The sad thing is, I'm looking forward to same sex relationships, but I don't see a natural one for a female SW. Vette is way too much the kid sister, and LS Jaesa doesn't seem interested in relationships at all.

OTOH, Kaliyo and my female IA totally need to hook up. Same with my female BH and Mako. I think that kinda-butch bounty hunter lady that gives you quests on DK even kinda implies that she thinks you and Mako are a couple if you're a female BH.

Well maybe you're just putting too much importance on the "psychopath" word. However you say it, and whether it's Star Wars or the real world, what he does is pretty bad, particularly when you've already married him. It makes you wonder whether he was ever sincere about anything.

It was the use of "psychopathic killer" that I was addressing. :)

But yes, I agree with many posters that thought the situation was handled poorly for those who romanced him, especially since there's no follow up conversation afterward. It seems that his marriage proposal was expected to take place after

the betrayal

because he says, "After all we've been through, the good and the bad..." and up to that point

before the betrayal

there really hadn't been any "bad" in the relationship.

It does break my SW's heart (and confuses me as a player) if the whole love and marriage thing was insincere. I'm tempted to fanwank it into him being afraid of being in love and he's freaking out over losing control of himself. Thus he attempts to rid himself of the thing that affects him so deeply and makes him feel weakened and less effective as an officer.

Edited by Tamyn

so im just wondering, can you have same sex, romance? cause i have a female BH and i would much rather do Mako then my droid, also when do you get romance options? cause im a level 18 soon to be 19, and just talking to Mako about her parents that abandoned her when she was a kid and just left her with a military grade implant is getting really really boring!

Currently, same-gender romances are not available. The devs say that's going to be a "post-launch feature," but we don't have a concrete ETA on when that's going to happen, or whether it's going to be with current crew members or future additions. Your droid is not going to be romance-able- the female BH's option will show up in your crew at a later date.

Most relationships don't start until Act 2 (level 35ish), and some require you to hit Act 3 (Level 42ish) before they really get off the ground. Your affection score also is a factor on whether or not those conversations with your companion will start.

Edited by Meira_Arirai

Currently, same-gender romances are not available. The devs say that's going to be a "post-launch feature," but we don't have a concrete ETA on when that's going to happen, or whether it's going to be with current crew members or future additions. Your droid is not going to be romance-able- the female BH's option will show up in your crew at a later date.

Most relationships don't start until Act 2 (level 35ish), and some require you to hit Act 3 (Level 42ish) before they really get off the ground. Your affection score also is a factor on whether or not those conversations with your companion will start.

:p the droid thing was just a joke! and okay i guess i will have to wait a long time kinda before any romance, well since there is no same sex romance Right now, is there a male companion for the hunter?

:p the droid thing was just a joke! and okay i guess i will have to wait a long time kinda before any romance, well since there is no same sex romance Right now, is there a male companion for the hunter?

You'll meet him on Taris, which should happen sometime in your low 30s.

ha! not likely i have not even finished balmoora yet, and I'm not gonna do the next story line quest till level 19 or 20, i really like to be at least one level above the quest level cause i hate dying in this game... or any game :p so i will most likely be level 35 if you meet "Him" at one of the lower levels of thirty, but thanks for the info! im working on warping up Balmoora in the next few days, but i have no idea how many more side quests and story line quests there are on this planet so it might take awhile

I am wondering if I messed up the option with Corso somewhere. I've always flirted with him when possible, but the last time was at like lvl 14. I am lvl 35, have my affection at 6300, and I am part of the way into chapter 2 (on Balmorra currently). We have done the mule quest, and the quest to save his little twi'lek friend, but he has not offered me Sparkles, nor spoken of any romance, the only convo's we have had are the same ones he has with men so far. If I missed the convo option to start a romance, I'd rather know now so I can restart, I doubt I'll have the patience to do it 10, or even 5 lvls from now. I know some companions have a single make it or break it romance line that is obscure, does anyone know Corso's?

Other than that I like Torian the best now, but too many of them annoy with the 'did I miss it, because of THAT?!?' problem.

I would ask this question in the "I love Corso"-thread on the smuggler forum =) someone there hopefully knows about it!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=103602&page=42