Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to mmo's

Dasffion
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Crumblin View Post
Never shout at your tank or healer - They're probably much better than you think!
Really? I mean I agree that you shouldn't shout at them but not for that reason. I just don't think that you should shout at anyone. Besides if they really are good they can easily get you killed.

moiraesfate
12.13.2011 , 09:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RutgerS View Post
Well, i'm new to mmo's, so does anyone have advice for a newbie in the genre?
The first thing is that MMO's can be very addictive, so be careful. Especially when the game is really good, its hard to log out.

The second is that, if you need help, just ask on the in game chat or check the forums. You can also try googling it since alot of website usually exist for these games and someone else has probably asked your question already, found the answer and posted it somewhere.

The third, alot of people can be total jerk's on these games. Try to ignore them and make liberal use of the /ignore feature that most games have. Come to think of it, I'm not sure this game does, but it probably does. Will have to check on login.

Fourth, not everyone plays the same way. If you like PvP (player vs player) the best, then you really should log on to a PvP server. If you like PvE (player vs environment/questing) the best, then you should log onto a PvE server. If you like Role Playing the best (think dungeons and dragons tabletop type of gaming), where you take on a character persona, then choose an RP server.

Things like how to play is something you will learn in time. Remember to ask questions. Most people are quite willing to help. If you get an unhelpful or trolling answer, try to ignore it.