Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Healer?

Letsjet
01.31.2012 , 11:14 AM | #11
If you played a priest in wow, play a sage in swtor
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

Ellie_
01.31.2012 , 12:56 PM | #12
I've healed all current content on hard-mode(including 8-man operations) as a Trooper and I like the class a lot. Havent had any sort of problems, and we are moving to nightmare modes in short order.

Supercharged Cell is just something ineffable.

Achromatis
01.31.2012 , 04:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LibbzGaming View Post
I want to make a healer but I am not sure which class to make one on. I will not do bounty hunter, but I would to trooper.

What class is best for healing? And how is the storyline for it? Especially the republic one.
Some people like the Consular story but most(like me) find it extremely boring, because its extremely boring. Troopers have a bit of a Mass Effect 2 vibe going on. Smuggler story is full of lulz and sex.

For gameplay Sage is the easiest to heal with, then Commandos, then Scoundrels are the most difficult. If youre newish to healing I would probably go with a Sage.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data

Mikeyeli
01.31.2012 , 04:26 PM | #14
My main is a 50 Smuggler Sawbones, but ive healed with all of them, i tried a sage in beta and have an alt BH merc at ~35. As a Sawbones ived healed most of the end game content from a PVE perspective without problems.
Cant really give a good PvP opinion since its not my thing, but im pretty sure all the tools and utility sages have there really makes them healing kings in pvp..

So my opinion comes from a pve perspective. Saying that one is better than the other is wrong, they can all get the job done, and to me the decision is made based on if the class's healing style adapts to your play style, and if you like the way their mechanic works.

Its really really REALLY hard to judge a class by playing the first 20 levels though, like you dont really get to feel the Mercs healing style well shaped until your late 30s.

The sage though is a lot more like your traditional healer in WoW, and force behaves a lot like mana. They are a lot more user friendly i guess. But thats what made me roll a sawbones in the first place, it felt new and interesting, managing your energy made the class fun and new for me.

EDIT: On your story question. Im sure im gonna get some hate, but the Consular story is pretty lame, lol. Story wise, the trooper has a great story, and the smuggler has a good story but not as good as the troopers.
Stellar Corsairs - Corsarios Estelares

Shroudveil
01.31.2012 , 07:03 PM | #15
healing wise they are ~equal with sages/sorcs coming ahead at aoe healing.

utility wise sorc/sages trample above the 2 other healers with a single exception on the 10%DR buff that troopers/bh gets.

imo ofc.