Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Things that I pray we see in future Patch Notes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Things that I pray we see in future Patch Notes

JediJabroni
01.31.2012 , 03:03 PM | #1
Abilities and Gear / General

All characters can now get Sprint skill at 4th level.

Cooldown on medpacks is reduced by 30%

All abilities that currently state "Requires an active companion" no longer requires an active companion.

All abilities that state "works only on incapacitated targets" now works properly (-- This has not been working lately. A target is clearly stunned by Debilitate and still within melee range, but Eviscerate won't go off. I noticed this same issue with other toons, so I think this is a bug with enemy status, not a specific power itself.

Sniper/Gunslinger

(I refer to sniper skills, but assume this is mirrored to the matching skill on Gunslinger)

Companion's defense and shield absorption greatly improved after level 25.

Precision Ambush also lowers the energy cost of Shatter Shot by 1 per rank.

Cover Pulse knocks down standard and weak enemies (not just immobilizes) and immobilizes strong and elites for 5 seconds (currently it does not appear to)

Sector Ranger adds "and has a 50% chance to knock down strong and elite enemies" to description.

Corrosive Dart has a 7.5% chance of interrupting a target's casting on each tick.

Corrosive microbes increases that chance by 7.5% per rank.

Entrench adds a moderate amount of damage reduction (or defense)

Countermeasures now has the effect of breaking line of sight from all enemies for an instant and suppresses threat for 1.5 seconds (-- this ability does not seem to work as I would expect it to AT ALL currently. I have yet to lose a single enemy shooting at me.)

JediJabroni
01.31.2012 , 04:24 PM | #2
Forgot a couple things...

Armor vendors now have the ability to convert any piece into a modable piece for a fee. The new item loses all enhancements but has open slots for item mods. (So if you find a look you like at a low level, you can keep it.)

Every Chat Tab now has its own default channel. (much fewer MTs this way)

Skodan
01.31.2012 , 04:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediJabroni View Post

its fine where its at, really you cant jog around for measly 14 levels?!? you get it on dromund kaas/coruscant its not that much jogging around, in lord of the rings you couldnt get a slow horse until 20 and the regular horse at 35, think i recall seeing that this may be something that occurs with legacy level stuff

its fine at 90seconds, if you are using it more than once in a fight you should try to get better gear, purchase updated skills, etc.

All abilities that currently state "Requires an active companion" no longer requires an active companion.
its fine, devs made this happen for a reason

All abilities that state "works only on incapacitated targets" now works properly (-- This has not been working lately. A target is clearly stunned by Debilitate and still within melee range, but Eviscerate won't go off. I noticed this same issue with other toons, so I think this is a bug with enemy status, not a specific power itself.
havnt noticed this, so cant say much about it
my posts in orange
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

insendial
01.31.2012 , 05:07 PM | #4
Quote:
- Dramatically decreased loading times.
That's really the only thing I want to see right now. Loading Alderaan is an exercise in patience.

JediJabroni
01.31.2012 , 05:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
... really you cant jog around for measly 14 levels?!?
Well yeah I COULD (because I have to), but it's rude and unnecessary to force you to slow jog that much across the planet for 14 levels. The bigger question I guess is... Why make us wait so long for it? It makes me hate rolling up new characters, in all honesty. If other games make you wait even longer, then that's a problem with THOSE games, not a defense of this one. The best thing CoH ever did was a minor thing like giving us our travel powers earlier. That one single quality of life improvement made the game more attractive than half of their other patches combined. Keep speeders at 25. I'm just talking about Sprint for God's sake.

Quote:
its fine at 90seconds, if you are using it more than once in a fight you should try to get better gear, purchase updated skills, etc.
Why should I be forced to take time out of my game to hit the GTM and buy purple gear to survive? Why is it such a problem to be able to maybe use 2 medpacks in a battle, or 3 in an extended fight with elites on Heroics and FPs? That doesn't strike me as unfair given the number of team wipes I see on a regular basis.

Quote:
its fine, devs made this happen for a reason
I'd love to hear that reason, because it makes absolutely no sense to me. The times when I need those abilities the most are when my companion is dead and I'm in deep trouble. Or in groups when we're trying to beat some ungodly powerful elites. That's a way to make the game more playable without having to nerf anything.

shoreu
01.31.2012 , 05:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediJabroni View Post

Sniper/Gunslinger

(I refer to sniper skills, but assume this is mirrored to the matching skill on Gunslinger)

Companion's defense and shield absorption greatly improved after level 25.

Precision Ambush also lowers the energy cost of Shatter Shot by 1 per rank.

Cover Pulse knocks down standard and weak enemies (not just immobilizes) and immobilizes strong and elites for 5 seconds (currently it does not appear to)

Sector Ranger adds "and has a 50% chance to knock down strong and elite enemies" to description.

Corrosive Dart has a 7.5% chance of interrupting a target's casting on each tick.

Corrosive microbes increases that chance by 7.5% per rank.

Entrench adds a moderate amount of damage reduction (or defense)

Countermeasures now has the effect of breaking line of sight from all enemies for an instant and suppresses threat for 1.5 seconds (-- this ability does not seem to work as I would expect it to AT ALL currently. I have yet to lose a single enemy shooting at me.)
certain moves are not pvp accessable like pummel strike for jk