Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healer for PvP

Kyhren
01.30.2012 , 07:49 AM | #1
Hello!

Wondering if perhaps anyone has experience as healer as both BH and IA for PvP? Thinking of rolling an alt for PvP healing but cannot decide!

Thanks in advance peeps!

K.
The Karias Legacy - The Red Eclipse
Vendetta - Sphynx - Sorcerer

TempestasSilva
01.30.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2

Projectstfu
01.30.2012 , 07:41 PM | #3
I need to type something out and just copy and paste into these thread that are made so many times each day. The answer is as follows: Sorc/Sage is by far a better healer in PvE, Voidstar, and Alderaan. In Huttball is is more than far better it is almost pointless to have any other healer unless they are a last resort to not finding a Sorc/Sage.

Tekniko
01.31.2012 , 01:19 AM | #4
There is no real distinction between healers and there really is no skill. You basically target a friendly and cast heal, target the next friendly and heal. Pretty simple healing mechanics in this game.
Let's Play: The Old Republic! As a Jedi Guardian or a Sith Sorcerer!

TempestasSilva
01.31.2012 , 03:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tekniko View Post
There is no real distinction between healers and there really is no skill. You basically target a friendly and cast heal, target the next friendly and heal. Pretty simple healing mechanics in this game.
If yer gonna do drugs, at least offer to share.

Leiloni
01.31.2012 , 03:49 PM | #6
I've found BH to be a lot of fun because they're so durable all by themselves. Having played Aion I'm used to a healer that has a lot of casted heals so the need to stand still to cast doesn't bother me at all. The IA has its advantages but if you're going for a squishy healer with more instant casts, I'd say Sage is better for all the obvious reasons. Also I'd like to add some of the non-obvious things re: Sage vs IA - Sage has lots of straight heals for when you need those burst heals (which is especially important in PvP) and a better resource pool; but as far as instant heals are concerned they're pretty equal. I'd just either expect to die a lot or run with a tank if you're going that route.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270