Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Synthweaving produce modifiable armor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Does Synthweaving produce modifiable armor?

Kaelmythe
12.14.2011 , 07:15 PM | #1
Only ever played with Armstech in the beta, and as I'm leveling up (25 as of now), I'm finding that I'd like to keep a really great-looking robe that I found with it's 3 mod slots (I'm a Jedi Shadow). So far I've maintained it by extracting mods from blue reward robes that I've been finding...but I'd like to craft the modifications (Armoring, Mod, Enhancement) and/or the armors which have those slots...As of 100 Synthweaving, I'm not seeing anything like that...but I could be missing something (dropped schematics, perhaps?). Maybe only armormechs can create the mods, and I should have gone that route?

Thanks in advance!

-Kael

Edit: Found this handy list: http://www.torhead.com/schematics/catg/6 - According to which, I do get to create armor with modification slots...though apparently not the modifications themselves. I'll leave this up in case anyone else has a similar question, I suppose.

Holzy
12.14.2011 , 07:34 PM | #2
Cybertech builds mods/armoring and artifice builds enhancements (+whatever to endurance)

Synthweaving does, however, produce armor that can be fully modified. If I understood Emmanuel's post about the new modding system correctly, then you should be able to find/train/loot schematics which have no stats, but have all open slots for mods for just about any model of armor in the game.
Originally Posted by DamionSchubert
A lot of players are, well... idiots.

Froederick
12.14.2011 , 07:41 PM | #3
I have another question in the same vein. I had read in another post that armors are now class restricted, can anyone confirm this?
I was kind of hoping to be able to put a JK or SW in trooper or BH mod armor set up with the appropriate stats.

mcsul
12.14.2011 , 07:46 PM | #4
And to (sort of) add to Froederick's question, do cybertech mods fit into Synthweaving armors? Sorry for the newb question, but I was playing around with biochem during my chance to play beta.

AngelousWang
12.14.2011 , 07:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Froederick View Post
I have another question in the same vein. I had read in another post that armors are now class restricted, can anyone confirm this?
I was kind of hoping to be able to put a JK or SW in trooper or BH mod armor set up with the appropriate stats.
I been putting my warriors (level 20) old armour on Vette, so I would assume this is false.

However they do have the wrong status bonus. If you equip a BH armour as SW it will be bad because BH armour has "Aim" bonuses on it, which are useless to SW who needs "Strength" bonuses.
CE VIP

TordFish
12.14.2011 , 07:52 PM | #6
Short answer: YES!

Long answer: I don't know if you can learn mod armor from trainer, but I've found "Patterns" that have let me produce some Orange items (mod items) for my guildies.

Froederick
12.14.2011 , 08:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
I been putting my warriors (level 20) old armour on Vette, so I would assume this is false.

However they do have the wrong status bonus. If you equip a BH armour as SW it will be bad because BH armour has "Aim" bonuses on it, which are useless to SW who needs "Strength" bonuses.
Oh ok, I didn't realize there were stat bonuses other than from mods. didn't think to look at that

Ltor
12.14.2011 , 08:40 PM | #8
like others have said. Yes.