Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ATI Radeon 3000

nOOnonian
12.14.2011 , 07:02 PM | #1
Need some techies to tell me if this will work. I got this computer for my 12y son (don't wan't him using mine). I tried some other games and they were choppy. It seems like this will work, BUT I wouldn't be suprised if someone "in the know" said it wouldn't. My specfic concern is the graphics card.

Minimum Requirements: Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Windows XP or later
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better

I Have:AMD Athlon II X2 260 Processor 3.2 GHZ
4.0GB of mem
ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Dedicated Graphics memory 256MB
Win 7

Silverwillow
12.14.2011 , 07:53 PM | #2
I'm using an ATI 3200 chipset in my laptop and I'm running fine on low settings.
"Ours is not to reason why; ours is just to blame them afterwards." - Bob Varsha

Paralassa
12.14.2011 , 08:04 PM | #3
Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our Technical Requirements FAQ for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!