Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Better to DE or Sell?

Kogarvandalin
12.14.2011 , 05:56 PM | #1
Has anyone out in the internet done a cost break down of DE materials vs cost of crafted items compared to mission cost?

Like is it better to DE and use those mats to craft.
or
Sell and use credits to send companion to get fresh mats.

MalfeanNephandus
12.14.2011 , 06:19 PM | #2
The big X factor on REing is the chance to get a prototype schematic when Reverse Engineering an item. For example, let's say I make 10x [Terrible Green Color Crystal], which are premium(green) quality items that give +1 willpower(totally making this up for an example). I could sell them to a vendor and make some cash, or I could RE them and get a minimal amount of mats back. Every time I RE that item, I have the chance to discover how to make [Slightly Less Terrible Green Color Crystal], a Prototype(blue) quality item which gives +2 willpower.

mynameisharry
12.14.2011 , 06:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MalfeanNephandus View Post
The big X factor on REing is the chance to get a prototype schematic when Reverse Engineering an item. For example, let's say I make 10x [Terrible Green Color Crystal], which are premium(green) quality items that give +1 willpower(totally making this up for an example). I could sell them to a vendor and make some cash, or I could RE them and get a minimal amount of mats back. Every time I RE that item, I have the chance to discover how to make [Slightly Less Terrible Green Color Crystal], a Prototype(blue) quality item which gives +2 willpower.
one thing I would add is that I noticed in beta I had synthweave and was making bracers the cheapest item i could make for a couple of materials and selling for more than the cost of the mission to collect the materials. My girlfriend took artificing making color crystals they however sold at a loss for a few times lower than the mission cost, so make sure you experiment on what your selling to get the best results when making to sell to venders at least, on the GTN color crystals easily made more money than my bracers and sold fast.

Regarding RE there are generally a few recipes you can get from one item say mods for example you could have the recipe for +8 endurance then from that get a prototype recipe for 8 more by repeatedly RE them.

AJGeraden
12.14.2011 , 06:33 PM | #4
Yeah, with the randomness of getting schematics from REing stuff, it's probably too hard to figure out exact cost comparisons between the two.

Vertuoso
12.14.2011 , 06:43 PM | #5
RE....RE RE RE....RE RE......RE. so......RE.
Originally Posted by battlebug
Quote: "can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out."