Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering only???

EricJS
12.14.2011 , 01:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
People don't loot. You gotta loot and sell EVERYTHING on the way up, and you will be fine. Loot and sell, loot and sell. Otherwise, you WILL be poor.
Not sure if it's the problem in this case, but people underestimate this. When The Burning Crusade came out, I picked up an addon that would auto-vendor gray stuff, and keep a running total of how much it sold the items for. By the time I was done questing on one toon, I had earned over half of what I'd need for epic flight just off of a single toon.

This is especially relevant in SWTOR, where at any time when you won't need your companion for a minute, you can send them off to sell all the gray stuff in your inventory, even if you're nowhere near a vendor.

Apollonel
12.14.2011 , 04:55 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
This is especially relevant in SWTOR, where at any time when you won't need your companion for a minute, you can send them off to sell all the gray stuff in your inventory, even if you're nowhere near a vendor.
yeah, about that... i did that in open beta, and my companion didnt go anywhere....
seriously. t7 just stood there imobile while my inventory was full of grey junk...
Legion of Lettow / Lord Calypho. EU
<◙w◙◙w◙(▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong "

DarkoDon
12.14.2011 , 05:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by McAbeast View Post
I guess you could just have an alt devoted only to gathering skills. You would have plenty of storage space, your inventory, ship bank, guild bank, and other alts for storage.
Yea, but your alt can't gather where he cant go, so you have to lvl him. Also you could use his companions to mission the mats for you, but again, to have enough companions to make it worth your while, you have to lvl up. Also, your gonna need creds for those missions, so no, the only way to go about it effeciently is to lvl your craft skills as you lvl
Jaltez - 50 ConSeer
Darko - 50 BountyTech
Stan'li - 50 SmugSlinger
Hookah - Be 50 in no time cause its way to easy to lvl in this game - ComMedic

Cynistra
12.14.2011 , 05:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Apollonel View Post
yeah, about that... i did that in open beta, and my companion didnt go anywhere....
seriously. t7 just stood there imobile while my inventory was full of grey junk...
The feature was working fine for me ...

MaleusGaryn
12.14.2011 , 05:42 PM | #15
Sending your companion to sell grey junk does work. It worked the final two beta weekends and it's currently working in live.
CE VIP

EricJS
12.14.2011 , 05:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Apollonel View Post
Never had that problem. Did you report it?

Cptn_Miller
12.14.2011 , 06:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zahzah View Post
I was considering going Slicing, Underworld Trading and Investigation until I got all the schematics I wanted for Cybertech (Speeder Bike, Willpower Earpiece, all the grenades)
Then dropping Investigation and Slicing for Cybertech and Salvaging.

Thoughts?
Exactly what im going for, schematics, will worry about the crafting of them later... many alts...
I don't know half of you half as well as i should like... and i like less than half of you half as much as you deserve...