Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fellthar
01.26.2012 , 07:57 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmJakub View Post
So I applied all the fixes suggested by the forum moderator which he/she kindly linked before closing my thread. Firstly let me thank you for speeding up my already well performing machine but unfortunately none of these tweaks and changes fixed the games very poor performance in Warzones. I even reinstalled my ATI drivers.

I installed GPU-Z just to monitor what is my GPU doing when it is performing so badly and the answer is, it isnt doing anyhing. In WZs my GPU usage/load is 0% (15-20% in the starting area but once I leave this area it straight up floors to 0%). About 35% on Fleet. Overall the usage of GPU for the entire game never seems to exceed 45%. I am not an IT expert but I would assume the GPU should be really working especially on the Fleet with all the people and what not.

Anyway, is this a driver issue or a game issue? (not listing rig as a possible issue because every other game runs like a treat)

CPU: AMD AM3 Phenom II X4 955BE
Mobo: Gigabyte MA785GT-UD3H
RAM: G.Skill-Ripjaws 8GB
GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gig Unlocked/OC to 6970

Fix and advise please. When my sub runs out in little under a month I hope I don't have to resort to canceling. As it stands only thing keeping me around is the WZ grind to rank 60+ and the 15-20 fps makes it really in enjoyable experience.

Though again thanks for helping me further speed up my computer I am sure it will handy in the future when I play non Bioware games
You are right, the gpu should always be working. Something seems to get in its way. Out of curiosity, what is your cpu utilization when your gpu goes down to 0% in warzones? I don't have answers, but I have been wondering if there is a correlation here.

I noticed when I was having major problems with this, my cpu would be at 100% and my gpu at 0%... it doesn't make sense that the gpu should have to go down to 0% just because the cpu is busy. They can do things independently... and should be doing so.

I doubt this is the case, but when I see the cpu working at 100%, and the gpu at 0%, it almost seems like the game is being rendered using software instead of hardware (software rendering is all cpu). That would be big time wrong, and does seem unlikely, but who knows.

Designedcoma
01.26.2012 , 07:59 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by ClutchJedi View Post
Does anyone know if having two grahpics cards will result into better frames? Just wondering if i should get a 2nd radeon 6850. At 30-40fps in warzones with a FX 4100 quad quore at 3.8ghz
Its a gamble really. Some have had success and some have not. So its really a shot in the dark and for me, and I would say you as well, the need to increase to two cards when the game does not require it should not be something I nor you should have to do. But some have as I said with luck. Maybe do a funny dance, chant a little, draw a cool circle on the floor with sand and you may get lucky. But like I said, its a gamble really. Sorry if it was no help but I may have saved you some money. Guess that is the bright side right?

Fellthar
01.26.2012 , 08:01 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Designedcoma View Post
Its a gamble really. Some have had success and some have not. So its really a shot in the dark and for me, and I would say you as well, the need to increase to two cards when the game does not require it should not be something I nor you should have to do. But some have as I said with luck. Maybe do a funny dance, chant a little, draw a cool circle on the floor with sand and you may get lucky. But like I said, its a gamble really. Sorry if it was no help but I may have saved you some money. Guess that is the bright side right?
Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe swtor supports crossfire right now (Radeon), but does support SLI (nvidia)... again, correct me if I am wrong.

ClutchJedi
01.26.2012 , 08:25 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Designedcoma View Post
Thanks, was hoping somoneone actually did some testing on it but been heaing all around that this game is more dependant on your cpu then gpu and might just oc my cpu from 3.8 to 4.3 to give myself that boast that i want.
Want to be as close to 60fps in warzones as possible. At 30-40fps so i'm not that far of. Have a little shuttering but nothing major, just nit picking. I feel like anything over 60fps is a waste since your eyes cant see anything more then that.

JovethGonzalez
01.26.2012 , 08:28 PM | #255 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks, I apologize for the delay in updates on this issue, but as I mentioned before, we needed time to gather data and put all of our information together in one digestible format.

We just finished editing a document that we hope to be able to publish as a forum post here in the CS forums as early as tomorrow.

I can tell you that it's going to be a guide on optimization performance (which includes FPS) for your PCs.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences here and for your patience as we work to continually improve your gaming experience.

NutellaCrepe
01.26.2012 , 08:31 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I apologize for the delay in updates on this issue, but as I mentioned before, we needed time to gather data and put all of our information together in one digestible format.

We just finished editing a document that we hope to be able to publish as a forum post here in the CS forums as early as tomorrow.

I can tell you that it's going to be a guide on optimization performance (which includes FPS) on your PCs.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences here and for your patience as we work to continually improve your gaming experience.
Thanks for the reply, although I honestly hope that the guide to optimization isn't the same stuff we've tried with very little success for the most part.

But...looking forward to it
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
PVP Server | Peacekeeper | International

jabalolwut
01.26.2012 , 08:31 PM | #257

I can tell you that it's going to be a guide on optimization performance (which includes FPS) on your PCs.

Well thank you for your kind acknoledgment.

wnein
01.26.2012 , 08:32 PM | #258

Oh god.

A guide telling us to defragment and clear our cookies.

Hope this isn't a waste of time...

IAmJakub
01.26.2012 , 08:40 PM | #259

I can tell you that it's going to be a guide on optimization performance (which includes FPS) for your PCs.

So there is a setting for increasing my GPU load from 0% in WZ and utilizing quad core CPU?!

(I honestly don't know if I'm trying to be sarcastic or genuinely believe there is some miracle tick box I did not tick that would fix all the problems)

Epicopter
01.26.2012 , 08:45 PM | #260
So they aren't actually deploying a patch, they are just telling us to try solutions that we've already tried and have failed?
Kazar
<Bad Reputation>