Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shining eyes

12.13.2011 , 03:38 PM | #1
What does it mean when my eyes shine? I'm playing a jedi knight and i'm around level 8 on Tython. Every so often my eyes will glow for a few seconds during battle. Is there a bonus that I can take advantage of? How does that happen?

12.13.2011 , 04:13 PM | #2
Not sure. The one time I noticed it was when I was blocking blaster bolts so maybe it's something with being tied to the force and blocking shots? Or could have been a coincidence.

12.13.2011 , 04:15 PM | #3
it might be a buff you activated. i vaguely remember seeing this when i was beta testing a JK.
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel

12.13.2011 , 05:51 PM | #4
It may be riposte.

Didn't spend a lot of time with the JK in beta, but I seem to recall something about how when you are able to use riposte your eyes glow.

I just never noticed it myself because I was usually look at the back of my character.
My referral link. Feel free to use it. It's free stuff.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

12.14.2011 , 02:45 AM | #5
Ah, I was wondering how I was supposed to know when I could use riposte.

It's not just the eyes that glow though. For a second or 2 there is an aura around the character and the glow from the eyes extends from the edges of the face so you can see it from behind.

I'm going to try tonight if this is what it means

12.14.2011 , 03:32 AM | #6
No no it's not shining eyes, it's sparkly eyes technique, it brings peace!

12.14.2011 , 05:38 AM | #7
I noticed this on my JK during beta, I thought for a time it was a Riposte indicator as well, but my later thinking was that it indicated an ability crit of some sort.

12.14.2011 , 04:41 PM | #8
I can now confirm that it is for riposte. You get a few seconds to use riposte after your eyes start to glow.