Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Race ability differences

Rhinoplat
12.14.2011 , 02:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarduth View Post
What are the differences between the races? I know each race has a base ability but is this an advantage or just some extra fluff? Example would be the cybor's scan ability. Does this do much of anything? Are certain races better for certain classes? Going to be playing a BH as a main.
They used to have actual combat stats as bonuses, but BioWare took them out. I'm disappointed as fluff is just fluff; but true racial stats are a great thing for games.

Rhinoplat
12.14.2011 , 02:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lucasomega View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=20135

There's a list of them. And there's also a video someone posted earlier in the thread (although it doesn't really show their effects like it should).

They are only social emotes and provide no bonuses.
None of those passive combat related bonuses where in during the last beta. I don't believe they will be in game; but I can't verify since I haven't been invited yet.

GarrettPLC
12.14.2011 , 02:53 PM | #13
Personally, I like the idea of racial abilities being non-combat-oriented, but I also don't quite think the current ones cut it.

Mission review, dance, inspire loyalty, rally, punish, and shadow box all are more class/personality.

Can no other races /dance? Or /slap?

I think those would all be AWESOME emotes for anyone to access. But the two different scans (force sense and cyborg scan) and the regeneration are the only ones that seem really tied to character race. They are both thematic and cool-looking.

Other MMOs update racials (even combat racials) all the time. I hope these get updated! Given the cinematic nature of this game, having the generic abilities above as standard emotes would aid both the feel in normal servers and the RPing in RP servers, as would more "racial" racials.

Sarduth
12.14.2011 , 04:22 PM | #14
thanks for the replies and links

Siegewulf
12.14.2011 , 04:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DelvanVellar View Post
All of the race's special abilities are "social" abilities. They do not affect combat in any way.
This is the information you are looking for.
- Solitaire -
"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all." - Grand Admiral Thrawn

kiern
12.14.2011 , 04:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GarrettPLC View Post
Can no other races /dance? Or /slap?
Yeah, everyone can, the racial one are different than the normal ones.

Apart from the social abilities, occasionally it may mentioned in dialogues, that you are an alien. My non-human Jedi was able to make a snide remark about humans to another alien, and my Imperial Agent had it pointed out to him that he had to prove hinself because he was an alien. Apparently the Empire is racist.