Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help and insight on classes...a Mentor, if you will...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Need help and insight on classes...a Mentor, if you will...

Superthrust
12.14.2011 , 01:08 PM | #1
So, I play a healer in just about every game I play...BF3, Medic with barely any shots fired...WoW, healer, RIFT, Healer, COD...nevermind. Anyways, I was banned from the start of beta and been kept in the dark about this. And frankly, Im happy for that. (if curious why, just ask.)

But to the point, I am looking to heal, obviously. So which class, sith side, would my friends and guild benefit most from me being a healer on? Im looking at the inquisitor but Not too sure...
CE N-VIP: We came, We saw, We Pre-ordered. We got Screwed.

The only thing i ask for this christmas, is my CE edition replaced since i was sent a broken one missing stuff

CodwiDasan
12.14.2011 , 01:59 PM | #2
When I played Beta I really enjoyed the IA/operative speced for medic/lethality. I could put down some damage but my main focus was healing. Makes you a invaluable teammember
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

I support the Imperial war effort, with them in charge peace will never be a option.
Beta:11/11/11 crew

Naroga
12.14.2011 , 02:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Superthrust View Post
So, I play a healer in just about every game I play...BF3, Medic with barely any shots fired...WoW, healer, RIFT, Healer, COD...nevermind. Anyways, I was banned from the start of beta and been kept in the dark about this. And frankly, Im happy for that. (if curious why, just ask.)

But to the point, I am looking to heal, obviously. So which class, sith side, would my friends and guild benefit most from me being a healer on? Im looking at the inquisitor but Not too sure...
I can't resist. Why were you banned and why are you happy about it?

SirArion
12.14.2011 , 02:14 PM | #4
There is no best. Each healer does the job and just focuses slightly on a different tactic.

SM/IA focus slightly on HOTS
JC/SI focus slightly on shields

Not sure about this one:
TR/BH focus slightly on direct heals
Republic? Empire? Both have way to many rules and regulations for an honest businessman carrying supplies.

Superthrust
12.14.2011 , 03:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SirArion View Post
There is no best. Each healer does the job and just focuses slightly on a different tactic.

SM/IA focus slightly on HOTS
JC/SI focus slightly on shields

Not sure about this one:
TR/BH focus slightly on direct heals
So, basically, each class has direct heals and such, it's just that one class does hots, shields and direct BETTER than the others respectively?

Kinda lame...too many healing classes. Not alot of choices, really.

Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
I can't resist. Why were you banned and why are you happy about it?
I was banned because at the time, I was doing the G3 event for xbox and WoW (Gaming and Giving for Good, gaming for charity) and I had my stream setup for pressing F1. Well, during that time, I had taken a break from G3 and wanted to play SWTOR beta for a bit. With all the quests that had me target myself and while i was making macros and trying things out on all different characters, I had realized i was streaming game play for about an hour or so.

Needless to say, They found it before i could remove it and try to apologize, and they invoked a ton of Nazi justice towards me. While attempting to explain on the forums, i was banned by the over-zealous mods on here who act like this is their first moderation job, and have never had any type of power before. Plus, it doesn't help that I've been apart of this website and forums longer than their oldest staff member on here has.

But needless to say, I am happy i was banned. Even after being banned from all beta invitations, I was invited to EVERY beta tryout. But, even though I COULD have made a new account to play, I didn't. I didn't want to spoil the game, learn about it or theory-craft. I wanted to simply go in blind and develop my loves and hates for it. I refrained from writing about it on my website and i asked all my writers to avoid doing so as well. I want this game to be like the first time i played WoW in it's own beta many years ago. And playing this game while in development would simply frustrate me a bit due to me being already used to so many of the MMO luxuries that exist today.

I will admit that it has hindered me a bit since now im asking for help on things most people know about, But I still feel that it was for the best to not "burn myself out" early.
CE N-VIP: We came, We saw, We Pre-ordered. We got Screwed.

The only thing i ask for this christmas, is my CE edition replaced since i was sent a broken one missing stuff

Faolon
12.14.2011 , 04:11 PM | #6
There will most likely be fewer Operatives.
However, the number of healing Sorcerers will probably end up being the same as the number of healing Ops.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."