Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another Class Decision Help Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Another Class Decision Help Thread

Lokiusus
12.14.2011 , 02:36 PM | #1
I can't believe it's finally come to this. For a long time (before this specific account was made, curse you security measures!) I have been trying to decide between an Arsenal spec'ed BH Merc and a Vigilance JK Guardian and have pretty much been changing my opinion on which I want to play with every beta test or extended look at the game I get.

On one hand, I like the idea of playing as a single saber DPS on the Republic as Republic isn't very populated and its the class I played through all of the original kotor games. Then again, I have heard that Guardian DPS has some drawbacks now and that its pretty much stale until you hit higher levels. Some of the dialogue options for the light side Jedi also seemed to be a bit boring to me. But that wouldn't stop me from going Light Side on the Jedi.

On the other, I love the look and feel of the BH. The personality in the voice, weapons, and armor are all great and I could see myself having a LOT of fun with his skills. I am a little nervous about going BH and Empire, as it seems to be one of the hot classes these days and the Empire is already overpopulated.

However, I really am unsatisfied with the way the Arsenal class is set up now. The tracer missile animation is really a negative for me and I really don't want to have the experience of sitting in one place spamming tracer missiles and railshots with an unload every once in a while to cool down. Don't get me wrong, I love missiles and explosions...but mindless repetition is somewhat boring for me.

Other info: I am a pretty ardent PvP enthusiast and plan to spend most of my time in server Open World or Battlegrounds. Thus, two DPS spec'ed classes. I'm not really sure if I'll ever have the time to commit to a legitimate clan, but it may happen at some point.

So, I am really looking for some other opinions from you guys or I'll probably just resort to a coin flip.

Anyways, sorry for the wall and thanks for the help!

Toogeloo
12.14.2011 , 03:02 PM | #2
If you really like both, go with the JK Guardian. Republic needs the help, and if you play Imperial, you will probably be playing a lot of Huttball for PvP.

However, your post seems to lean more towards Bounty Hunter, and I also think that if you don't play the class you really want to first, you may end up dismissing it later.

I plan on playing at least 8 times just for the stories, possibly more depending on whether I want to do Dark and Light Side playthroughs for the stories as well (I will have one or two main characters, the rest will just solo their way through the story missions).

Catlana
12.14.2011 , 03:30 PM | #3
The BH story line is better. I also like the way the class plays. The republic will be very much the underdog on PvP servers. However, the republic will have very fast pvp queues as well.