Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can my comp run this game now(with all the problems some people seem to be having)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can my comp run this game now(with all the problems some people seem to be having)

fatheadx
12.14.2011 , 12:52 PM | #1
I dont know a ton about computers, but i know the one i have is pretty good. It should be able to run the game no problem. But i keep reading in the cust. service forum that people are having major problems with framerate...likely due to the high traffic.

Just wondering if anyone sees me having any problems when i am finally able to log on...which will probably be tomorrow. Here are my specs.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
intel core 2.8 ghz proc.
8GB ram.

Colobulous
12.14.2011 , 12:54 PM | #2
I don't forsee a problem with your specs as listed, though I could be wrong about the CPU.

DarthTHC
12.14.2011 , 12:54 PM | #3
Framerates have nothing to do with high traffic. Framerates have everything to do with cranking up the (wrong) video quality settings with substandard hardware.

If the CPU is an i5 or i7, you'll be fine. You won't run highest quality graphics at 60+ FPS, but if you crank down the graphics (bloom, shadows, and trees especially), you'll be fine.

BritishGuy
12.14.2011 , 12:57 PM | #4
If you turn the shadows down/off, you shouldn't have many, if any, problems.

I'm running the specs below and I get 110+ fps.

i5 2500k (no overclock)
4GB RAM
nVidia 560Ti

fatheadx
12.14.2011 , 01:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Framerates have nothing to do with high traffic. Framerates have everything to do with cranking up the (wrong) video quality settings with substandard hardware.

If the CPU is an i5 or i7, you'll be fine. You won't run highest quality graphics at 60+ FPS, but if you crank down the graphics (bloom, shadows, and trees especially), you'll be fine.
Ahh thanks. Yeah it's an i5. Appreciate the help, as i said, i really dont know much about computers. Looks like i should be ok. Thanks again.

TheHeadCapper
12.14.2011 , 01:42 PM | #6
You should be fine. This program takes so little overhead i'm able to use Splashtop from work and run the game on my i-pad, streaming it from home.